Ross Stores, Inc. Mail Room Clerk in Dublin, California
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Maintain day-to-day operation of the Corporate Mail Room and provide mail services to all stores and offices throughout the company to include picking up, sorting, and delivering mail, and receiving and shipping inter-store mail.
The base pay range for this role is $15.50 - $20.14. The base pay range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
• Sort and accurately distribute all Interoffice and Postal Mail to respective recipients or department mailbox on a daily basis.
• Conduct timely distribution of Mail and Packages to recipients to include supply stocking of FedEx and US Postal materials in each mailbox pantry.
• Process and apply necessary postage to all outbound U.S. Postal Mail through use of high capacity postage machine, while capturing daily reports to each parcel
• Responsible for handling high traffic of inbound and outbound courier packages staged in central loading dock
• Maintain accurate KPI / manual record of all daily activities pertaining to shipping and receiving of parcel and packages
• Contact courier services to troubleshoot and resolve courier delivery issues or missing packages
• Provide courier service and supplies assistance to all Stores to include distribution of Corporate Mail to each store in a timely manner; troubleshoot missing or delayed Corporate Mail addressed to each store as needed
• Maintain accurate directory of Corporate Associates to ensure precise delivery location of all mail and courier packages
• Ensure all outbound shipping labels contain accurate sender and recipient addresses and pertinent shipping information where needed
• Maintain cleanliness of mailroom workspace; ensure preventative maintenance service calls are scheduled to maintain a healthy function of all equipment resources
• Determine least costly method of overnight express mail based on weight of package and cost for each carrier
• Process overnight shipping labels via FedEx shipping kiosk; maintain record of all processed packages daily
• Record daily postage meter reading; ensure adequate funds are available on the meter
• Contact vendor or Post Office to troubleshoot missing mail or packages
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Mail and Copy Center Manager
• Leading by Example
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand up to a maximum of 8 hours a day
• Considerable walking, exposure to weather conditions
• Operate mail machine, electronic mail scale, and Copy Center copies
Job requires ability to work in an office environment.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling carts, lifting, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Must be able to stand up to a maximum of 8 hours per day
This role requires full-time in-office presence and providing a collaborative team effort throughout the Organization.
This role requires full-time in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, coaching, and/or feedback.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.