Weatherford ISP Senior Well Engineer in DUBAI, United Arab Emirates
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
Ensure all wells are planned and designed to meet contractual minimum standards, regulatory requirements and policies with full consideration given to HSE & sustainability
Monitor and track performance of the operations ensuring they are conducted in line with best practices and technology application.
Provide technical support while maintaining the highest standards of safety, environmental awareness, quality assurance, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Responsible for ensuring that all necessary information related to ‘close proximity drilling’ is included in the well plan.
Capture lessons learned and make sure they are included in new plans.
Identify and report any deviations to well programs or WFT policies/standards and initiate or management of change (MOC) process as required.
During unusual operations, he may be required to provide technical support on location
Detailed understanding of drilling practices and procedures (planning, risk analysis, HAZOP, HAZID, pre-spud, roles of various asset team members, equipment, drilling program, drilling, cementing, evaluation, completion, reporting, wellsite personnel, drilling parameters, fluids, well control, directional drilling, wellsite services, local regulatory, etc.)
Ability to organize and plan projects. Projects will often have technical and scope uncertainties and involve multiple phases and tight project timelines Strong communication organizing, trouble shouting And problem solving capabilities in constrained and/or demanding condition
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with diverse professionals comprising of clients, stakeholders, vendors, operations team, rig team and engineering peers
· Practical and results orientated to deliver a plan encompassing all inputs that can be safely executed for given timelines. Mechanical aptitude and strong visualization capability required
· Contribute to sustaining a positive, progressive and supportive team environment
· Ability to apply and encourage a solution based approach. Solution based involves understanding the client needs and well problems and then investigating potential solutions which can be a change in well design, change in procedure or potentially the use of one or more common or specialty products.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· MSc/B.Sc in engineering or scientific discipline.
· Minimum 8 years of experience as Well Engineer.
· Fully functional in Microsoft Office.
· F luent written and spoken English.
· Relevant experience both field and office.
· Relevant industry-related training
· Fluent in more than one language
Job Locations AE-DUBAI
Position Type Regular Full-Time
- Weatherford Jobs