L3Harris Mechanical Assembly Technician (WEEKEND SHIFT) in Don Mills, Ontario
Manufacturing Technician (Mechanical Assembly)
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
Location: Toronto/Don Mills
About L3Harris WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical and sensor systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
· Assemble, repair, rework and/or troubleshoot complex opto-mechanical lens assemblies
· Maintenance of system file and tracking assembly documents
· Ensure all tasks are completed to scheduled delivery date
· Generate Non-Conformance Reports
· Afternoon Shift work required
Recommended Skills and Experiences
· Strong mechanical background
· Familiarity with reading and understanding technical drawings and schematics
· Thorough understanding of techniques in the use of hand tools, soldering, crimping and measurement equipment
· Excellent manual dexterity
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work within a team environment
· 1 - 2+ years’ experience in a mechanical field
· Previous experience working in an AS9100 environment an asset
· Experience with Lean manufacturing an asset
· Diploma in Mechanical technology or equivalent
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 48,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $18 billion.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
· Free wellness programs
· Free fruit, bagels and coffee
· Remote/hybrid work options and multiple work options
· Work/Life balance
· Real opportunities for growth and development
· A diverse and inclusive working culture
· Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- L3Harris Jobs