Hilton Commis Chef - Waldorf Astoria Lusail Doha in Doha, Qatar
A Commis Chef is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Commis Chef will also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards expected by Hilton
- Perform tasks within a timely manner
- Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost control
- Provide support to the Kitchen brigade
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Commis Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice Chef
- NVQ Level 1
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work with a team and to follow instruction
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career
- Proof of completion in a basic food hygiene course
- A passion for food and the culinary arts
- Completion of an accredited commercial cookery course or trade apprenticeship
- Experience multi-tasking and working in an environment with rigorous standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- NVQ Level 2
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton Team Member Travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Title: Commis Chef - Waldorf Astoria Lusail Doha
Requisition ID: HOT09P7Y
- Hilton Jobs