Hilton Director of Operations in Dili, United States
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A Director of Operations oversees and directs all aspects of the hotel operational departments which includes, Front Desk Service, Food & Beverage / Kitchen, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security, Fitness Centre and other relevant operating departments. This role ensures that these departments are well run by focusing on maximizing revenues and profits, minimizing operating costs, implementing and following up on service standards and team members’ trainings. He / she ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Support the overall strategic management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with senior colleagues, in particular, the GM, Commercial Director, Director of Finance & Director of Human Resources.
- In-charge of Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, Engineering, Food and Beverage, Kitchen and Recreation as well as Food Safety.
- Actively participate in the key management issues in the property (Capital projects, refurbishment, training, customer service).
- Train and implement Hilton standards and related departmental regulations.
- Conduct routine inspections of all areas of the hotel to ensure that the hotel’s hardware and software are in optimum condition.
- Make a detailed and reasonable cost control plan to control operating costs of each department to maximize operating profit without compromising Hilton standards, safety procedures and guest experience.
- Analyze costs on a monthly basis and prepare action plans for cost per occupied room, food cost, beverage costs, payroll including overtime and other expenses such as for out-sourced labor or services.
- Manage all direct reports professionally, encouraging good teamwork and operations.
- Make or approve appropriate annual / quarterly / monthly budgets, targets and work plans for each direct report
- Conduct regular Operations meetings including all direct reports.
- Supervise team members’ performance and grooming daily.
- Ensure that duty rosters are based on the needs of the hotel and are compliant with labor laws.
- Ensure that hotel and direct reports achieve all key targets including but not limited to revenue, profit, SALT, QA, turnover, etc.
- Work with the Commercial Director and F&B Manager to ensure that all aspects of F&B is operating cost effectively (menu presentations / menu / pricing / promotions and ongoing activities).
- Assist the Commercial Director in establishing (with C&C Sales) an efficient and competitive C&C strategy and pricing.
- Supervise and head all hotel activities, such as celebrations, decorations, communication and coordination with conference organizers, etc.
- Evaluate competitors’ products and price policies twice a year.
- Ensure that VIP guests receive the care and service they deserve every day.
- Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
- Assist the General Manager in all activities and functions related to the daily operations of the hotel.
- Complete relevant tasks assigned by the General Manager.
- Acting deputy in the General Manager’s absence.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Operations serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Hospitality: Passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership: Strive to be leader in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork: A team player in everything you do.
- Ownership: Take ownership of your actions and decisions.
- Now: Operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
- College degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experienced in the Hospitality, Travel or Leisure industry management.
- Proficient in English to meet business needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Resourceful, creative and able to maintain flexibility.
- Experience in F&B and Rooms Management preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Director of Operations
Requisition ID: HOT0A444
- Hilton Jobs