HCA, Hospital Corporation of America ER Administrative Care Technician in Dickson, Tennessee
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Administrative Care Technician on our Emergency Department today with TriStar Horizon Medical Center!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Horizon Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Student Loan Repayment * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) We are seeking a Administrative Care Technician for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Administrative Care Technician is responsible for a variety of clerical and patient-related services. The Administrative Care Tech functions as receptionist for the unit and assists the patient care team with patient-centered secretarial tasks while maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient environment. As a member of the patient care team, the Administrative Care Tech also assists the nursing staff in providing basic patient care.
- You will assist in patient care throughout nursing areas, and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services.
- You will perform patient-centered secretarial tasks, such as physician order entry and creating, labeling, and organizing patient charts.
- You will greet patients/visitors in waiting areas, directing them to other departments, communicating regularly, and keeping them informed of wait times as needed.
- You will receive and direct all incoming calls and relays pertinent messages to others while maintaining accuracy, clarity and confidentiality.
- You will ensure the privacy of our patient and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- You will assist patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and changing bed linens.
TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a 157-bed facility serving Dickson and surrounding counties. TriStar Horizon is an accredited Chest Pain Center, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and offers a full array of acute care services, including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, orthopedics, intensive care, outpatient diagnostic services and cancer care through Sarah Cannon at TriStar Natchez Medical Park. Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Horizon is committed to providing quality healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent required
- BLS Certification required
- TN EMT License preferred
- Experience in Acute Patient Care preferred
- Medical Technology Course or other vocational training preferred
- 1 years of experience in an acute care setting preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: ER Administrative Care Technician
Location: Tennessee-Dickson-Horizon Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02902-93252