Mediacom Network Specialist I in Des Moines, United States
Network Specialist I
Location Des Moines, IA Field Operations Group
Working Hours Sunday-thursday 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=14880)
Responsible for monitoring the NOC and reacting to alarms/events generated within an infrastructure monitoring platform based on corresponding procedures.Specific Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and monitor activity throughout the network.
• Isolate and diagnose faults and escalate to higher levels of support for resolution as appropriate.
• Interact with departments to address issues identified within the network.
• Adhere to company and department policy and practice in an effort to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Two year college degree in networking or a related field recommended.
• Minimum of 6 months within Mediacom Tier 2 or BTSC, or equivalent Cable TV/Broadband/Telecommunications experience required.
• Applied knowledge of data networks, and/or telecommunication infrastructure, and/or maintaining a cable plant.
• Working knowledge of Cisco Technologies.
• Working knowledge of DWDM and SONET.
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; experience in a 7x24x365 support environment a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under stress.
• Ability to follow detailed procedures.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com or dial 845-443-2408 . Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.
Back (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46) Share
- Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=14880)