Mediacom Network Specialist I in Des Moines, United States
Network Specialist I
Location Des Moines, IA Field Operations Group
Working Hours Sunday-thursday 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=14880)
Responsible for monitoring the NOC and reacting to alarms/events generated within an infrastructure monitoring platform based on corresponding procedures.Specific Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and monitor activity throughout the network.
• Isolate and diagnose faults and escalate to higher levels of support for resolution as appropriate.
• Interact with departments to address issues identified within the network.
• Adhere to company and department policy and practice in an effort to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Two year college degree in networking or a related field recommended.
• Minimum of 6 months within Mediacom Tier 2 or BTSC, or equivalent Cable TV/Broadband/Telecommunications experience required.
• Applied knowledge of data networks, and/or telecommunication infrastructure, and/or maintaining a cable plant.
• Working knowledge of Cisco Technologies.
• Working knowledge of DWDM and SONET.
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; experience in a 7x24x365 support environment a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under stress.
• Ability to follow detailed procedures.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com or dial 845-443-2408 . Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.
Back (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46) Share
- Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=14880)