Denver Public Schools Navigator Career & College Success Coordinator in Denver, Colorado
OFFICE OF SCHOOLS
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: \$51,940 - \$60,235
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Support the overall success of Career and College Success (CCS) initiatives and provide career exploration and development for all students at the high school. Serve as experts in work-based learning, including: workforce trends, job readiness and essential skills. Additionally, play a critical role in driving equity through hands-on navigation assistance to students who have risk factors for graduation.
- Execute career exploration opportunities for students through a variety of program engagement., Launch Internship Program and the Youth Apprenticeship Program. Provide special supports for students with one or more risk factors for graduation and conduct meaningful career conversations. Serve as a liaison for business partners to ensure program continuity and intended outcomes. Provide feedback and open communication with Career and College Success (CCS) Leadership Team and other central staff to ensure continued program effectiveness and improvement.
- Serve as experts in career development. Work to transform that system from the inside--to build more equitable career and college outcomes than anywhere else in the country. They will develop deep relationships with students and faculty alike. Participate in regular meetings with CCS central team members to ensure strong communication flows.
- Identify and recruit students for participation focusing on equitable engagement and students with high risk. Provide interview and resume preparation, application progress support, student on-boarding, performance issue management, ongoing job support, site visits and business partner meetings and maintain documentation for the Launch and Apprenticeship programs.
- Execute career exploration opportunities for students, including coordinating career exploration logistics (ie. food, technology, expenditures for equipment and supplies, bus scheduling, master calendar scheduling, room assignments, work site and college visits, business partner and student surveys).
- Provide navigation of Advanced Pathways in a student\'s home school and other schools, internship placement, family outreach, and monitoring of student progress in Infinite Campus (IC).
- Complete small activity bus initial and re-certification training schedule in collaboration with district Transportation Department in order to operate the small activity bus for all events as needed and assist in the exchange of bus with other schools. Coordinate the distribution and collection of evaluation materials, permission packets, and other pertinent documents for students, business partners and school-based staff. Help with execution of program events, including: food, technology, expenditures for equipment and supplies, bus scheduling, master calendar scheduling, room assignments, business partner and student surveys.
- Gather and support the school\'s analysis of CCS data; create and/or utilize bi-annual reports based on information gathered through on-line event management system and/or other on-line tools.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- One (1) year of relevant experience.
- Multi-Functional School Activity Bus Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge with Google Suite.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
- The ability to take responsibility for one\'s own performance.
- Work collaboratively with others on a team.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Bachelor\'s or relevant work experience.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/ 129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while