Cobb Vantress Inc Hourly Labor Worker Fulltime in Deer Lodge, Tennessee
itle: Poultry Farm Worker (Clean Out) Job Grade: 6A
FLSA Status: Nonexempt Position reports to: Sr Supv Farm
Disc vs Non Disc: N
Location: Tennessee Pedigree Complex, Deer Lodge, TN
Schedule: Monday through Friday, including holidays.
Hours: 6:00am to 3:00pm.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Successful applicants for this position must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by their 45th day of employment. Successful applicants will need to show proof of at least 1 dose of COVID-19 vaccine on or before their start date.
Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear as mask.
Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting wage - \$15.45/hour
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
*Life, Accidental Deathand Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Educational Assistance Program (Including GED Assistance, Citizenship Assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement
* ETO- earned time off
- This position is responsible for cleaning and disinfecting poultry houses; removing used litter from poultry houses; assisting with bird movement as needed; placing new shavings in poultry houses; bush hogging and/or mowing around poultry houses; maintaining and cleaning farm equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- These remove used litter from houses; clean and disinfect poultry houses and all equipment (including vehicles/tractors) utilizing commercial pressure washer on wet/slick floor; place new shavings in houses following cleaning (70%)
- These move birds as required to growing houses, laying/ Pedigree houses or live haul loading area. Ensuring all wingbands have been removed for load outs for birds leavings the farm. (10%)
- These maintains tractors, pressure washers, litter truck, trailers, and mechanical equipment while providing all weekly and maintenance safety checks. (10%)
Other Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- These may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: Maintain and assist with housekeeping standards in the working areas; inspect birds to determine quality and progress by weighing birds weekly; sanitation of storage areas, breakroom, boot rooms, equipment, and vehicles; moving birds, grounds-keeping and organizing breeder tags; properly euthanize selected or weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy; assist in special or non-routine projects both inside and outside of the department; repairs cages, pens, equipment and buildings or fenced yards; farm cleanup such as garbage/litter retrieval. (10%)
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, cages, bird coops; tools, such as pallet jack, ay be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 2000 pounds such as skids of supplies, shavings, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; stoop/bend up to 1000 times per day; talk or hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex; proficiently operate trailer/tractor/skidsteer/hyster. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments. Must maintain a high level of situational awareness while working around equipment and livestock.
``` - Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, ear plugs/muffs and rubber boots are required for different tasks. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators may be worn as needed. - Chemicals Commonly Used: Must be willing to use chemicals such as vitamin supplements, animal dye, and miscellaneous disinfectants (Synergize, Lysol, bleach, etc)
``` - Safety: TM is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. TM is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.