WindStream Communications Business Systems Tech I in Dawson, Georgia
/Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.” /
What You’ll Do:
As a business systems technician you will install, repair, support, maintain and promote Windstream products and services used by small, medium, and large businesses and residential customers.
The products, services, and equipment you will work with provide voice, data, video, network, and transport services to customers.
Do You Have:
- Ability to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable, work aloft, work with and maintain assigned tools and equipment, lift at least 50 pounds, and meet the weight requirements as defined in Windstream's Safe Load Limits for Equipment and Ladders Policy.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to professionally interact with the public, customers, co-workers, and managers and maintain a neat appearance.
- Ability to multi-task, write legibly, prepare, and maintain accurate records, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail, and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Available to work an assigned schedule including weekends and holidays, overtime, after hours callouts and during non-scheduled hours. As well as work in any assigned location. Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned reporting center
- Ability to complete on the job training and testing and to attend schools for training, which may require overnight travel.
- Working knowledge of telephony outside plant including drops, cross-boxes, fiber systems, terminals, etc.
- A working knowledge of computers and applications.
- Experience selling products and services to existing or potential customers.
*Our Benefits: *
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 2 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and directly related telephony experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Georgia-Dawson
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 21003199
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs