AHMC Healthcare Director of Medical Staff Services - AHMC Seton Medical Center in Daly City, California
• The Director of Medical Staff Office administers the medical staff credentialing, privileging, appointment and reappointment process, and assists the medical staff in supporting the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
• Directs, plans, organizes, and manages the activities of the Medical Staff Office and is responsible for preparation, organization, and follow-up involved in maintaining hospital compliance with all relevant laws, statutes, regulations and applicable accreditation standards including, but not limited to CMS, CDPH, DHS and tJC as it relates to Medical Staff Services.
• Continuously assesses and improves the quality of services provided. Maintains quality control programs as appropriate.
• Responsible for all aspects of the credentialing and re-credentialing of the medical staff and allied health practitioners credentialed through the medical staff, including maintaining all credential files accurately, verification of licensure, appropriate privileging and timely communication to the hospital units of the medical staff’s status and privileges.
• Serves as a resource for and collaborates with other hospitals in the health system with regard to medical staff services activities. Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining all Medical Staff Office policies & procedures to perform the duties of the office
• Responsible for development and maintenance of medical staff by-laws, policies & procedures, rules & regulations and applicable processes.
• BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum three to five years of experience in a medical staff office. Knowledge of State, Federal, and Joint Commission regulations. Previous credentialing and management experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Working knowledge of accreditation process and standards, health care and credentialing industry, regulatory and legal requirements and other national standards.
• Current Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) with the National Association Medical Staff Services or ability to obtain within 12 months.
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only 24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations, we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality patient-centered care
iCIMS Assigned Requisition ID: req8641
External Company Name: AHMC Healthcare
Street: 1900 Sullivan Ave