EY Technology Consulting, Financial Services, Manager - Risk and Controls Automation in Dallas, Texas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technology Consulting, Financial Services, Manager – Risk and Controls Automation
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We help some of the leading financial institutions in the world stay ahead of key regulatory requirements in the Retail Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management, and Insurance spaces. We aim to deliver industry leading regulatory and technology insights to help our clients mitigate risks to their business. At EY, we hire professionals from around the world who have a diverse range of financial services, regulatory and technology backgrounds. This allows us to provide a broad range of advisory services in areas such as traded products and wealth management, consumer compliance, and regulatory transformation.
You’ll help lead financial institutions and fintech organizations to identify and implement risk and controls automation across some of the most interesting and highly complex areas in the industry - operational risk, governance risk and controls, regulatory change management, enterprise compliance, regulatory reporting. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the latest technology, help solve complex problems (e.g. leverage AI machine learning concepts to automate controls across all three lines of defence), and liaise with key functions of our leading clients including business, compliance, technology and operations to define strategic plans, standards and target operating models and associated architecture for implementing controls automation and effective controls management.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll lead a team to deliver strategic enhancement of IT systems or operational processes supporting risk and controls automation programs across retail banking, capital markets, insurance, and asset management/broker-dealer domains. You and your team will interact with senior client stakeholders across leading firms to gain in-depth understanding of our clients’ unique needs and goals. You’ll apply structured business architecture approach and methodology to capture a view of the risk and controls management program before developing meaningful improvement insights. You’ll bridge the gap between strategy and execution by implementing technology performance improvement using deep subject matter knowledge to address specific business concerns associated with the risk and controls automation programs. Primarily, you’ll be involved in understanding the current business and industry trends to deliver world class solutions to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
• Experience leading the implementation and execution of risk and controls management programs
• Ability to think strategically with focus on enterprise-wide business architecture blueprint and roadmap to improve risk and controls management program
• Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
• Ability and comfort researching business products and emerging market conditions, and assess its impact on industry practices, and new technologies
• Experience with aligning IT initiatives within the organization to the business processes
• Able to work as in a cross functional team with business and technology consultants through all phases of project life cycle
• Understanding of key business lifecycle processes aligned to one of banking and capital markets, insurance, or wealth and asset management sectors. The business lifecycle processes can include - compliance and risk controls, operations, product lifecycle, client on-boarding, etc.
• Experience in designing and implementing compliance analytics, metrics, dashboards, and reporting (data analytics) solutions
• Passion for developing and leading innovative technology solutions to solving banking and capital markets challenges
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields of study or a related field: risk, computer science, information technology, management information systems, engineering
• More than five years’ work experience at a financial services or management consulting company working in one of the following areas: consumer compliance, regulatory change management, regulatory operations, regulatory reporting, compliance technology, middle office, risk assessment and controls testing
• Experience in coaching, managing and leading a team
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs. A valid driver’s license in the US and a valid passport required
• Experience on projects developing detailed, analytical PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio deliverables to various stakeholders
• Executive presence and strong communications, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment and able to resolve complex challenges leveraging strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Functional/Domain skills:
o Experience in one or more of the following subject areas: governance, risk and controls, regulatory change management process, operational risk, consumer compliance, controls automation and testing, Regulatory Reporting, etc.
o Experience working with clients on aligning risk and business objectives, and effectively leveraging GRC platforms to address different risk scenarios
o Experience in one or more of the following areas: definition and design of business, functional and technical requirements; system selection and implementation support; Agile, Product Management, Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC); Quality Assurance and testing (QA); program/project management and implementation planning (PMO)
o Experience working in risk and compliance domain focusing on technology transformation
• Technical skills:
o Understanding and implementation experience with GRC technology e.g., ServiceNow, Archer, etc.
o Process mining solutions – Celonis, UiPath, Aris
o Enterprise architecture and application architecture
o Services architecture and data integration
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with the ability to deliver meaningful solutions to our clients. We seek passionate and personable individuals that are interested in the supporting the risk and controls automation initiatives across leading global financial institutions. If you desire a dynamic role with great exposure, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, unlimited vacation and ten plus observed holidays and personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The salary range for this position in Denver is $109,000- $216,300
The salary range for this position in Stamford is $119,900- $237,900
The salary range for this position in Hartford is $109,000- $216,300
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is $103,500 - $205,500
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- EY Jobs