Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer L5 in Dallas, Texas
Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“Cloud Computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. Our success depends on our world-class selling and field teams, and these teams rely on the Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team to power their activities. We’re handling massive scale, providing data that drives the AWS business internally, and delivering products and services to help our Amazon Web Service selling teams, marketing groups, and customers.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to design and deliver solutions that combine machine learning, distributed big data technologies, and web application/service development. We're building solutions to achieve amazing feats with data, to enable us to arm our field teams with the actionable intelligence needed to engage and serve every possible AWS customer in the world, to the fullest. In this role expect to:
· Design solutions to complex and ambiguous data challenges, starting from first principles
· Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in microservices, container, and distributed cluster-compute architectures
· Apply Machine Learning to solve challenging data problems at scale
· Work with AWS technologies such as EMR, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Lambda, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and more
· Apply software development best practices in terms of quality and security
· Utilize object-oriented software design to build scalable, maintanable systems
· Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
· Play an instrumental role in defining system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall user experience for a data-focused product
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline
· 3+ years of professional software development experience, designing and developing data driven, highly scalable web applications in a distributed cloud computing environment
· Master's degree in computer science or relevant technical discipline
· Experience with Spark, EMR, and related big data technologies (Spark, Hbase, Hive, etc.)
· Experience building production Machine Learning solutions
· Strong knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl)
· Experience building on AWS using S3, EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, etc.
· Experience using software version control tools (Git, Jenkins, Apache Subversion, Mercurial)
· Experience in setting up application monitoring solutions (ELK, CloudWatch, Kinesis Analytics, etc.)
· Experience in database design, SQL and NoSQL databases
· Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
· Experience with agile software development methodologies
· Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
· Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Ability to work with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs