Amazon Web Services Quality Assurance Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Are you excited to work in a product space that touches millions of people? The AWS Segmentation and Planning (S&P) team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to lead the test and release strategy for a critical new initiative. We’re handling massive scale, providing strategic data that drives the AWS business internally and supporting one of the largest field sales organizations in the world. This initiative not only has critical business impact, it also will be the key driver for multiple new technology programs.
Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs are responsible to understand the product domain, define test strategy and test plans, develop and drive test case execution and drive best practices to release high quality software to our customers.
You will work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. You will also work with groups such as Product Management, UX designers to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will develop automated tests to help fasten testing cycles and release faster to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible to deliver manual/automated solutions to test customer facing features.
This position may be based in Seattle (WA), Dallas (TX), Boston (MA), New Jersey/New York, Atlanta (GA) or Arlington (VA). Relocation offered for US residents only.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automated testing
· Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test cases utilizing test automation
· Experience with creating and maintaining automated tests within an existing framework, such as JUnit/Selenium
· Demonstrated experience with Salesforce and/or other CRM related technologies
· Demonstrated experience with AWS or Cloud-Native development
· Testing experience in both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, UI functionality and usability testing
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or 2+ year relevant work experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs