CBRE Managing Director- Data Centers in Dallas, Texas
Managing Director- Data Centers
Phoenix - Arizona - United States of America, Little Rock - Arkansas - United States of America, New Orleans - Louisiana - United States of America, Albuquerque - New Mexico - United States of America, Oklahoma City - Oklahoma - United States of America, Austin - Texas - United States of America, Dallas - Texas - United States of America
· Responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction and day-to-day leadership of one or more lines of business and/or clients whose markets encompass a global and/or multi-market area.
· Responsible for short and long term growth and profitability of the assigned market(s) and/or portfolio of clients.
· Collaborates with senior leadership to develop and implement a concise plan to retain and acquire clients/markets and to identify business growth opportunities, including preparing short and long-range plans, priorities, objectives and the annual budget. Manages project execution and drives integration among all lines of business to maximize performance of the company’s platform in attracting new business development and growing market/client share, as well as integration of all shared services.
· Builds a cohesive, diverse team dedicated to ongoing improvement of service delivery platform and client relationship. Guides team in client relations, service orientation and consultative opportunities as well as the effective, efficient and ethical operation of their respective teams or accounts. Builds and sustains relationship in the community and within the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines and ensuring that all business operations are carried out in line with RISE values.
· Formulates, negotiates and executes contracts with clients, lenders, contractors, vendors and other key constituents.
· Builds strong business operations and sets specific, measureable, challenging, yet achievable goals and objectives.
· Serves as a change agent for business improvements and develops buy-in and support for new initiatives and processes.
· Evaluates industry and business trends and analyzes financial performance indicators for potential impact on operations and responds with necessary business changes as indicated.
· Provides analysis, research and related support for the creation of business development and client deliverables.
· Repeatedly demonstrates business development acumen and materially impacts new business awarded to CBRE.
· Prepares and oversees annual budget. Effectively understand and oversee financial accounting, budgeting and reporting by identifying mid-year trends and reforecasting to meet the financial goals and expense management for assigned area.
· Oversees and coordinates financial programs for funding new and continued operations in order to increase productivity and maximize growth.
· Serves as the “face of CBRE” in the local/national/global business community. Serves as a key industry and business spokesperson to the community and/or industry.
· Develops a reputation as an opinion leader and trusted advisor.
· Drives innovation and thought leadership and effectively manages and leads team through change.
· Ensures consistency of service delivery that meets CBRE service delivery guidelines and in line with RISE values. Leads by example to earn respect and trust of peers, employees and clients.
· Demonstrates and supports a healthy balance between work and lifestyle.
· Clearly supports others by providing honest, open, two-way communication.
Performs other duties as assigned.
· Manages the planning, organization and controls for one or more lines of business and/or clients whose markets encompass a global and/or multi-market area. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports.
· Leads and provides for the recruitment, selection, performance management, training & development, coaching, mentoring, retention and rewarding of a high caliber team to carry out the organization’s mission.
· Implements a career development and succession plan, along with an effective retention program for key personnel, while creating a more diverse organization. Provides mentorship for management and non-management colleagues.
· Monitors appropriate staffing levels.
· Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with our RISE values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or related field from an accredited 4-year college program preferred. Master’s degree in business, economics, urban studies, law or related program preferred; strongly preferred if a non-business undergraduate.
· Typically at least 10-15 years of experience in their field with strong financial and marketing orientation and proven track record of consistently generating revenue and profits.
· High level of business acumen. Knowledgeable in relevant policies and market trends, technology and information affecting the business and competition.
· Provides strong experience in managing a diverse workforce including sales, operations and expense management.
· Utilizes an entrepreneurial approach and develops innovative solutions.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Real Estate sales, brokerage or appraisal license required as appropriate for business unit. Appropriate designations and participation in professional and industry organizations desired.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Able to foster a strong service-orientation and an “advisory role” in client relationships. Able to comprehend, analyze and interpret the most complex business documents. Able to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management and client groups to take desired action. Generates powerful proposals and makes convincing presentations to achieve new business. Communicates regularly with employees to share business updates, company vision, etc. Communicates regularly with senior leadership.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees department budget.
Able to comprehend and solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry environment. Draws upon the analysis of others (human resources, legal, finance/accounting and other shared services groups) to assist in making recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operation(s) and may have company-wide effect. Decisions that would have effect outside immediate area of responsibility (i.e. other functional or operating areas) are approved by next level supervision and appropriate senior management prior to implementation. Erroneous decisions could have a serious impact on the overall success of function and/or division
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.
Find out more (https://www.cbre.com/real-estate-services/directory/global-workplace-solutions)
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)
- CBRE Jobs