Methodist Health System Clinical Secretary PRN in Dallas, Texas
Hours of Work :
Days Of Week :
PRN - As needed.
Work Shift :
PRN (United States of America)
Job Description :
We need high-performing, experienced, and passionate administrative assistant professionals to provide general office and secretarial services to include basic filing, reception, telephone, and word processing Responsibilities. If you're driven to create an outstanding patient experience, you'll really shine here.
Your Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year work experience preferred
• Ability to type 30 words per minute
• Able to professionally and effectively communicate (orally and in writing)
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and assists in orientation for new secretaries.
• Maintains PAR levels by ordering office/clinical/nutritional supplies as needed.
• Perform receptionist duties including, but not limited to, answering the department telephone recording complete messages, greeting patients/visitors in a professional and timely manner, providing general information and direction, maintaining appointment schedules and department files
• Responsible for preparation, accuracy and completeness of reports, records and clinical packets.
• Communicates with clinical team regarding pending discharges, occupied and unoccupied bed status and bed tracking reports.
• Maintains organization and cleanliness in and around work area, centralized nurses' station/work area and other assigned areas.
• Manages patient intercom system by answering call bell in a timely manner and timely notifications of appropriate clinical staff.
• Transcribes physician orders accurately.
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion in progress , our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children’s services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
Top Performer on Key Quality Measures ® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American Collage of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist
Methodist Health System is a faith-based organization with a mission to improve and save lives through compassionate, quality healthcare. For nearly a century, Dallas-based Methodist Health System has been a trusted choice for health and wellness. Named one of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare , Methodist has a network of 12 hospitals (through ownership and affiliation) with nationally recognized medical services, such as a Level I Trauma Center, multi-organ transplantation, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care, neurosurgery, robotic surgical programs, oncology, gastroenterology, and orthopedics, among others. Methodist has more than two dozen clinics located throughout the region, renowned teaching programs, innovative research, and a strong commitment to the community. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the distinctions we’ve earned:
Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review , 2023
Top 10 Military Friendly® Employer, Gold Designation, 2023
Top 10 Military Spouse Friendly® Employer, 2023
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Methodist Health System (MHS) to select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of MHS to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, marital status, genetic information or ancestry. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, an employee’s compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training, development, transfer all other privileges of employment. MHS is committed to maintain a working environment free of intimidation, workplace discrimination and harassment. Retaliation or attempted retaliatory behavior that occurs as a result of an employee’s exercise of their rights under this policy or any other statutorily protected right is strictly prohibited and will be grounds for disciplinary action.
Methodist Health System
- Methodist Health System Jobs