Apple Software Engineer, User Secrets in Cupertino, California
Software Engineer, User Secrets
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino),California,United States
Software and Services
5+ years of growing experience with security distributed systems
A genuine passion for building effective, scalable, and useful tools for users to safeguard their most precious data
Excellent C and systems programming skills
Ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
Industry exposure to and knowledge of OS security, applied cryptography, and key management
Excellent collaboration skills. We work with teams responsible for many layers of Apple products, and our services are a core part of the technology stack
You will join a team that provides the foundations to store and sync a user’s private data, including passwords, encryption keys, and other critical secrets, across all of Apple’s innovative products (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV). You will contribute to the entire system, from the lowest levels of the device’s OS to the iCloud services which work together to protect our users. Your code will improve the experience of every Apple user. As an engineer, you will influence the design and implementation of Apple's embedded and desktop operating system products, collaborating closely with all other security partners, ranging from our Operating System kernel group to our Cloud Services architects. You will be a generalist capable of tackling wide-ranging engineering problems anywhere in the software stack, resolving conflict and balancing compromises between several factors such as ease of use, performance, and security. You will work towards our goal of ensuring that users' secrets stay their own, and that privacy is available to all. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of distributed systems and their unique challenges
- iOS and macOS exposure (end user, administrator, developer)
- Swift, Obj-C, C, C++ experience
- Ability to dive into and understand unfamiliar codebases and systems
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation.Learn more (https://www.apple.com/careers/us/benefits.html) about Apple Benefits.Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines (opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window) .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
- Apple Jobs