Weyerhaeuser Journeyman Electrician in Cottage Grove, Oregon
Weyerhaeuser, in Cottage Grove, OR, has an immediate opening for a licensed Plant Journeyman Electrician for our Cottage Grove Lumber facility. This position is union, with full benefits. NO paycheck deduction for health insurance, including family coverage. Health Savings Account, dental, and vision. 401k company match up to 2 ½ % plus 5% company contribution. 15% off Weyerhaeuser recreation permits.
LEARNING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT IS IMPORTANT AT COTTAGE GROVE LUMBER!Trainings on site and off site: PLC, motion controllers, scanning optimization systems, PLC, Variable Frequency Drives, Motion Controllers, and Scanning Optimization Systems, full electrical lab, experienced and knowledgeable journeymen
Key Functions, to be performed safely:
* Repair and troubleshoot industrial electrical systems
* Complete preventative maintenance responsibilities
* Support goals and objectives of the maintenance team, such as up-time
* Perform basic PLC troubleshooting
Journeyman Pay Rate:$32.40/hour
Once employed, test up!
Must be able to acquire licensing in the state of Oregon within six months of hire date. Licensing fees paid by Weyerhaeuser. Oregon only recognizes licenses in the following states:
Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, Wyoming
_HIRING BONUS - Oregon residents_
$1500 at 60 days and $1500 at 6 months
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ANY SHIFT – 24/7 OPERATION. NO ROTATING SHIFTS. OVERTIME UPON REQUEST.
- Wear all safety equipment and obey all safety rules
- Participate in safety initiatives, including exhibiting safe work practices and helping others work safely
- Be at least 18
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to work all shifts, including nights, holidays, and overtime
- Be able to perform labor-intensive work
- Be able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, work from heights, and in confined/restricted areas
- Be able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, climb steps and ladders, and stand or work from 2-3 hours at a time, up to 13 hours
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical
- Submit a resume
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrate working knowledge of industrial electrical issues
- Licensed by the State of Oregon
- Have advanced PLC knowledge
- Have wood products experience
- Have 2 years of experience in industrial electrical work in a manufacturing or industrial facility
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Cottage Grove Lumber
Cottage Grove Lumber is a random length mill that has been Weyerhaeuser since 1957. We are a top producer, manufacturing 390 million board feet in 2019, with a strong customer base. Come join the 210 employees who see Cottage Grove Lumber as a career, not a job; 21% of our employees have more than 20 years of seniority and 7% have more than 30 years.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Journeyman Electrician
Location: OR-Cottage Grove
Requisition ID: 01016698
Other Locations: USA-Montana
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs