Abbott Regional Sales Manager, CPT - San Diego, CA in Columbus, Ohio
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, our portfolio of therapies help them move and feel better, allowing chronic pain patients to reduce or stabilize the long-term use of opioids and get back to living their lives, while helping patients with movement disorders combat the symptoms of their condition. We offer specialized devices for people suffering from chronic pain and movement disorders through solutions that deliver stimulation to the spinal cord, dorsal root ganglion and the brain.
The job purpose and scope of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is to develop and grow our products and services in the US Chronic Pain Therapy (CPT) market in a specified geographical region. This role will report to the Area Vice President–Central, and will have accountability for the San Diego region. The Regional Sales Manager leads a field sales force and work closely with the US Neuromodulation Commercial, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Human Resources leaders to achieve business results.
Description of Job Scope
The primary responsibilities of the Regional Sales Manager include:
• Hiring and retaining a diverse, highly-motivated staff while providing ongoing career coaching, growth and personal development opportunities
• Exercising direct supervision over company sales representatives, and acts in a liaison capacity with independent sales representative firms
• Recommending, interpreting and implementing corporate, division or organization-specific policies and procedures to accomplish business objectives, resolve issues, and ensure employee compliance with such policies, practices and procedures
• Preparing annual regional sales forecasts and participating in the determination of market potential and in the preparation of sales expense estimates for the region
• Maintaining contact with major accounts within assigned region; assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
• Participating in the development of marketing policy and recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes where necessary • Assisting sales support and marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training, and market research in planning and executing special projects
• Setting and achieving goals that utilize best-in-class business practices with a focus on continuous process improvement
• Assuring quality of services meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements
• Exercising judgment in planning and organizing work; monitoring performance and reporting on status; resolves problems and identifies root causes to prevent reoccurrence
• Remaining current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a comprehensive knowledge of the company's products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends
. • Maintaining a safe work environment
• Bachelor degree
• 8 or more years of experience in medical device product areas or related discipline, including direct experience in product sales
• Prior experience working in a highly regulated and high-quality system environment where compliance with governmental regulations is required
• Ability and willingness to travel 50%-75%
• Bachelor degree in marketing or business administration or related discipline
• Proven leadership skills and experience managing diverse teams
• Prior Neuromodulation experience
• Comprehensive understanding of chronic pain therapy technology
• Experience with Salesforce customer relationship management platform
Key Attributes Considered Necessary for Success
• Ability to work collaboratively, internally and externally
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
• Ability to lead and motivate a team and work in a group environment, including interaction with senior and executive level leadership
• Must be highly analytical and possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation and teamwork skills
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be process-oriented and understand the relationship and necessity of process to strategy
• Experience with digital sales tools, execution tools, and sales force automation
WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com
- Abbott Jobs