VCA Animal Hospitals Client Service Representative in Columbus, Ohio
We are seeking a part time, experienced, Client Service Representative to join our busy 8 doctor team. We are in the process of renovating our facility that will feature 10 exam rooms, 2 surgical suites, and new CT imaging services, and a state of the art physical therapy department.
We offer superior employee benefits, HUGE personal pet discount of up to 4 animals, VIP discounts to other local businesses (Verizon, Sketchers, 1800flowers, croc), 401K benefits, Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, just to name a few. At VCA, we also offer 12 complimentary therapy sessions to combat compassion fatigue. These are just a few of the amazing benefits that we offer at VCA Sawmill Animal Hospital.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive atmosphere for our clients and patients. Duties will include:
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms or appropriate department.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control)
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
• At least one year of proven past experience helping customers
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
• Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
We offer a very generous associate pet discount of up to 4 personal animals, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation for full time associates, VIP discounts to local retail stores, uniform allowance and MORE!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com
VCA Animal Hospitals
- VCA Animal Hospitals Jobs