UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Senior SATCOM Engineer Analyst in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Tracking Code SPCOM-21-0758-W
Job Code 21-0758
Posting Title Senior SATCOM Engineer Analyst
Post Date 5/24/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Pay Rate $90,000.00
City Colorado Springs
Description Senior SATCOM Engineer Analyst (SPCOM-21-0758-W):
Bowhead is seeking a Senior SATCOM Engineer Analyst to support the USSPACECOM contract in Peterson AFB, CO. The Senior SATCOM Engineer Analyst will be responsible for planning, definition, implementation, and operational management of global communications systems to yield more effective and flexible global SATCOM support.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Realizing the potential of emerging systems using automated information and communications systems in networks for improved command and control
• Employing the Command's space architecture requiring an end-to-end approach to effectively integrate communications into the joint warfighting environment
• Applying an integrated systems approach to assist with properly developing, implementing, testing, planning, and managing SATCOM
• Supporting Commander USSPACECOM (CDRUSSPACECOM) in the role of the SATCOM Operational Manager (SOM) as described in CJCSI 6250.01 Series
• Assisting with strategic management aspects of the responsibilities executed by USSPACECOM/J36 SATCOM Division
• Supporting on-orbit and future SATCOM systems and Satellite System Experts
• Assisting with the day-to-day operational management of DoD-owned and leased SATCOM resources to provide authorized users with global SATCOM support as operations and evolving requirements dictate
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond.
Requirements • Possess at least eight (8) years of demonstrated relevant experience or education in communication principles and SATCOM theory.
• Operation and maintenance of the space, airborne, and terrestrial networks and systems specified below:
• Line of sight;
• Land line;
• Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS);
• Single Channel Transponder;
• Ultra High Frequency Follow-on (UFO);
• Fleet Satellite Communications System (FLTSAT);
• Global Broadcast System (GBS);
• Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS);
• DoD Gateways;
• Mobile User Objective System (MUOS);
• Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS);
• Enhanced Polar System (EPS);
• Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) Enterprise Network Management System (JENM);
• Commercial SATCOM vendor operations and capabilities;
• Silent Sentry (SS),
• Enhanced Monitoring System (EMS);
• Consolidated Network Planning Software (CNPS);
• National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC);
• Airborne Command Post (ABNCP);
• Distributive Command and Control (C2) Node (DC2N);
• Joint MILSATCOM Network Integrated (JMINI); and
• Joint SATCOM Management and Planning System (JSMPS);
• Joint Integrated SATCOM Tool (JIST);
• Joint SATCOM Management Enterprise (JSME)
• A systems engineering related field with a specialization in computer science, information technology, or electrical engineering
• Demonstrated relevant experience with the SATCOM apportionment planning and allocation processes taking into consideration all ground, space, and control networks, and operational control of sub-networks for apportioned SATCOM resources
• Salary Range is $80,000 to $100,000; commensurate with experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level with SCI eligibility. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret/SCI clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs