Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. Radio Frequency / Microwave Hardware Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
RF/Microwave Hardware Engineer
Summary:As an RF/Microwave Hardware Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design hardware and circuit boards for the satellite communications industry. You will use your knowledge of radio communications systems, and board design to develop, prototype, characterize and transition to production the next generation of our satellite communications products.
Responsibilities:You will be tasked to design printed circuit boards and custom microwave assemblies that integrate into our communications products. You will work with solution architects and product managers to derive product specifications and inform product design architectural decisions. You will be tasked with independently advancing designs from concept to prototype to manufacturing.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Physics. Technical degree preferred. May consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
• 7+ years of job related experience
• Strong theoretical knowledge of radio communications systems including RF transceiver architectures, RF to digital interfaces such as ADCs, DACs, and embedded systems
• Strong theoretical knowledge of RF/microwave circuit design principles and best practices
• Experience in designing hardware and/or printed circuit boards at microwave frequencies (> 3 GHz)
• Proficient with RF circuit analysis and simulation EDA tools such as Keysight ADS, GENESYS, or Cadence Microwave Office
• Proficient in the use of RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators and vector network analyzers
• Experience with troubleshooting RF performance
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
• Experience with radar receivers, satellite or wireless communications
• Experience designing RF/microwave hardware chassis and signal conditioning subassemblies
• Python, or Matlab scripting experience
• Experience with low voltage power supply circuits and design
• Current Security Clearance
• Advanced degrees in related fields of study
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies, or recruiters. Kratos is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Competitive salary based on experience and education
Salary Range $100k to $140k per year
• Tax Savings Accounts (HSA / FSA)
• Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Education Assistance Program
Keyword: Radio Frequency Development, Microwave, GHz, Radio Communications, Hardware Engineer
From: Kratos Defense