UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Project Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Tracking Code UIC Government Construction
Job Code 21-0659
Posting Title Project Engineer
Post Date 10/4/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
City Colorado Springs
Description FIELD ENGINEER / PROJECT ENGINEER - JOB SUMMARY:
Support Project Manager in the execution of project by supporting all phases of construction including, but not limited to, design, compliance, construction, occupancy, quality control, staffing, and budget management.
Assists Project Manager in the planning of construction procedures, specifications, work schedules, and material needs and/or supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in field projects, such as construction of buildings, runways, roadways, retrofits, or other projects as assigned.
Work is performed under direct supervision of Project Manager. Responsible for assistance with project superintendence, management of field personnel and subcontractors, quality control compliance and documentation with project plans and specifications. Ensure customer requirements are met with consistency resulting in customer satisfaction. Maintain on each project the established expectations for quality workmanship, safety and professionalism. Every project is to be completed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, on schedule and under budget with absolute commitment to achieving zero injury on the project.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Assists the Project Manager in coordinating all contractual requirements, design drawings, and project specifications that include but are not limited to: On-site Project Management, Project Controls, Contractor Billings, weekly meetings, meeting minutes and documentation, contract administration, punch-list management, warranty review and procurement, as-built compliance and coordination.
• Assists with managing paperwork and multiple projects, maintains, and updates status logs.
• Assists in the development of Statements of Work, cost estimates and budgets, timelines for schedules, coordinates and assists in the development of electronic and written materials for project management proposals, presentations, and status updates.
• Under the direction of the Project Manager, provide support in the planning, scheduling, and performance of the technical and management aspects of projects.
• Assist in budget monitoring and trend tracking to controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
• Alert the Project Manager of potential schedule or priority delays and plans for alternative actions.
• When instructed to do so by the Project Manager, assist in review of project status weekly with the sub-contractors and assist in managing project scope, timeline, and budget.
• Assists in preparation of weekly progress, monthly status and final project reports.
• Participate and/or represent the Project Manager in Home Office and field meetings with project team members.
• Provide assistance to ensure that work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications.
• Support QC testing requirements.
• Provide support to the Project Manager with the management and leadership of subcontractors.
• Examine subcontractor means and methods, material delivery schedules and identify constraints.
• Reviews bids from vendors and subcontractors for conformity to contract requirements.
• Reviews vendor and subcontractor invoices for accuracy and verification of percentage complete.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Salary range $40k/yr to $75k/yr commensurate with experience.
• Working towards a degree and/ or a professional certification in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
• Three (3) years’ work experience in the construction industry. Construction Management background preferred.
• Experience as a craftsperson or field supervisor a plus.
• U.S. Government contracting experience a plus.
• Broad knowledge in construction methods, practices, schedules, logistics and budgets.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and other software used in the construction industry.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work in a fast-paced setting.
• Professional demeanor in person, online, and via phone with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to read and interpret engineering, architectural, other construction drawings, and specifications.
• Ability to work extended work schedules as required supporting the project execution plans and schedules.
• U.S. citizenship or U.S permanent resident status required.
• A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good standing and able to obtain and maintain a Government driver’s license. Must not have a DUI or reckless driving history in the past ten years.
• Will be required to pass facility security clearance investigation on DoD Projects.
• Will be required to pass Background Investigation on DoJ Projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
• Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
• Ethics – Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
• Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
• Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The physical demands associated with the duties and responsibilities described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. This includes, but is not limited to:
• The ability to spend extended hours walking construction sites and traveling to different project sites and offices.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read text on a computer screen and in hard copy, stand or sit, talk, and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to enter information into computers via a keyboard or other peripheral device.
• Exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and moderately paced environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Qayaq Government Solutions, LLC.
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs