Global Science and Technology Inc. Senior Project Leader in College Park, Maryland
Global Science and Technology, Inc (GST), a growing scientific and high technology company, is seeking aSenior Project Leader.
This position is located in Silver Spring, MD, but is temporarily approved for telework due to Covid-19. Ahybrid model of onsite and telework each week will likely be put in place in the coming months.
The Senior Project Leader will manage a team responsible for designing, analyzing, and developing applications for visualizing, processing, and manipulating geophysical data. The candidate will manage a team with a diverse background of disciplines, including computer programming, systems engineering, web development, graphic arts, education, and communications, to provide professional products and services, outreach and education, and program and project management.
- Develop visualizations of scientific data using a combination of analytical and graphics processing software and visualization techniques for usage on a multitude of platforms.
- Implement strategies for delivering environmental information using websites, social media, broadcast media, and customized data applications.
- Provide scientific guidance to the team and our customer.
- Manage logistics and present at national and international events to a wide variety of audiences, including the general public, educators, and scientific professionals.
- Lead regular meetings of local and remote team members and government representatives.
- Some travel will be expected.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Geography, Meteorology, or related discipline
- 7-10 years of professional experience, with at least 3 of those in a leadership role. Appropriate years of relevant experience can substitute for degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in logical problem solving and in making assessments of all relevant clues to discover the cause of failures and recommend solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and high proficiency in advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as experience with data processing in a real-time environment.
- Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veterans\' status, sexual orientation and gender identity. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.