Tractor Supply Company Merchandising Sales Associate in Coleman, Texas
Merchandising Sales Associate
$11.50 - $13.60/ hour
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for traveling with the Field Activity Support Team (FAST) to stores within an assigned district to own and execute “start to finish” variable tasks such as planograms and physical inventories, as well as provide support for other tasks including merchandise and fixture assembly, and the maintenance of all signage. This position will interact with customers and team members, while providing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
• Communicate proactively and regularly with District FAST Supervisor on work completion, issues, and offer solutions to overcome.
• Complete planograms and resets accurately and in a timely manner
• Maintain visual merchandise standards
• Perform store specific measurements
• Complete store layout initiatives
• Perform accurate counts for store inventories, as well as cycle counts
• Complete Tractor Way top cap process
• Hang store signage
• Assemble merchandise, fixtures and PDQs
• Perform detailed recovery and review planogram integrity
• Make the customer a priority when approached and provide legendary customer service while in stores through the use of GURA:
• Greet the Customer
• Uncover the Customers’ needs
• Recommend products
• Ask for the Sale
• Provide peak coverage as needed (E.g., DAT)
• Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma is required
High Demand IT Specialized Skills
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
• Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
• Must be self-directed and have the ability to complete assignments with little to no assistance.
Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise.
Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
Traveling between store locations in your personal vehicle is required; often with long periods of time
Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines
Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
Ability to move and transfer live animals, equipment, and merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds.
Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack).
Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
Ability to move throughout the distribution center for an entire shift.
Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
Ability to handle and be in contact with birds/poultry.
Ability to successfully complete all required training.
Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
Lifting up to 50 pounds
Driving a vehicle
Standing (not walking)
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Click here (https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/sf/home?company=tractorsup)
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall - they’re the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They're the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It’s not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Join Our Talent Community
Nearest Major Market: San Angelo
Nearest Secondary Market: Abilene
Tractor Supply Company
- Tractor Supply Company Jobs