Millennia Housing Management Accounts Payable Clerk in Cleveland, Ohio
About The Millennia Companies
Founder and Chief Executive Officer Frank T. Sinito entered the real estate business in 1985 with the purchase of a 14-unit multifamily development in Northeast Ohio, handling all aspects of property management and developing a passion for providing exemplary and caring service to residents. From this start, Sinito went on to acquire additional apartment developments, and, in 1995, he founded The Millennia Companies® (Millennia), a high-performance business enterprise that has grown to operate in a diverse set of sectors; opportunities exist in multifamily real estate development, property management, commercial real estate, hospitality and more. We invite you to thrive in your career here as we serve thousands of residents, clients, and customers throughout our dynamic group of companies.
You can make a difference at Millennia. Do you value respect, service, performance, and collaboration? These values drive our culture and success, and we recruit employees who embody them. When you join our team, you will be part of an environment that fosters growth and enables excellence. You will also meet passionate employees who work together to advance our mission and create a culture of excellence recognized by industry associations. In 2020, Millennia ranked #1 on the Affordable Housing Finance (AHF) list of Top 10 Companies Completing Substantial Rehabilitation, #4 on the AHF list of Top 50 Affordable Housing Owners, and #18 on the Multi-Housing News list of Top Developers.
Millennia is looking for a dynamic Accounts Payable Clerk for our corporate office located in Key Tower in Cleveland, OH.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording account payables dat a.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Ensures the proper processing of vendor accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures through Nexus
· Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
· Conducts vendor discrepancy research, build spreadsheets, and works with vendors to resolve disputes in payments
· Processes all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
· Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
· Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
· Prepares bills and invoices for submission using proper research with OneSite Accounting
· Records all payment discrepancies to ensure payments are posted properly and all corrections are documented and corrected.
o Verifies discrepancies by and resolves the vendor’s billing issues through direct contact with vendors and property managers.
· Generates financial statements and weekly aging reports with Nexus detailing accounts receivable status
o Conducts research for Accounting Clerks using Nexus to settle report discrepancies during weekly check run.
o Identifies and corrects system or operator generated duplicate payments in Nexus found in OneSite Accounting.
o Supports Accounting Assistance with excess work (i.e. research, property-to-property checks, utility allowances, etc.)
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting (https://resources.workable.com/accounting-clerk-job-description) figures and financial records
· Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
· Displays high level of communication through verbal and written correspondence
· Proficiency in MS Office programs (specifically MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word)
· Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Responsibilities of Millennia Nexus Training and Support:
· Support AP team with all Nexus special requests, training, and
· Oversees critical queues in Nexus to ensure operational productivity and timely processing of individual property invoices.
· Conducts manager and management office support Nexus onboarding and training using Go-to-Meeting.
· Daily communication (scheduled or “on call”) with RM’s PM’s and field operations handling all aspects of Nexus interface from trouble shooting to complicated invoice processing and implementation of Millennia policies, procedures and best practices.
· Reports on, updates, and communicates weekly best practices to IT for weekly training call with filed management team.
· Supports Accounting Clerks in their post approver role on correct AP procedures through Nexus (a ‘final call’ with questionable invoices)
o Collects data from incorrect submissions. Immediately follows up with field operations on Millennia policies and procedures to ensure better understanding and implementation moving forward.
· Attends weekly meetings to ensure “Best Practices” and proper workflow from an operational standpoint.
o Collects data through resources and training to make the process more simple as well as creating tools for the field
Responsibilities of Millennia Vendor Set-Up and Support:
· Manages all new vendor submissions
· Approves all documents are properly completed per company guidelines
o Communicates with RM’s/PM’s which documents and information are needed, in addition to current submissions and which corrections must be made by property or vendor
· Communicates with Purchasing Manager to ensure both the legitimacy of the Vendor and their legal ability to work on Millennia owned or managed properties.
· Relays the proper documents to the Accounting Assistants to be entered into OneSite Accounting and Nexus
· Trains on proper usage of the Millennia Vendor Request Packet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and references, are subject to verification.