Northrop Grumman Machinist 2 in Clearfield, Utah
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Machinist in our Case Center of Excellence, you will work on and inspect next generation composite structures.
This job involves machining parts per specification by setting up and operating CNC equipment. The Machinist is responsible for: quality of the product by performing both in-process and final part inspections, care and maintenance of the equipment, assuring tooling and materials readiness, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. This position will require the individual to provide training to others in all aspects of CNC equipment setup, operation and maintenance.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
• Proven track record training mid to upper skill level machine operators
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; uses a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining; fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Technical Certification preferred. Will consider High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Candidate must have 2+ years CNC 3 - 5-axis machining experience.
• Must have extensive experience running manual machines and performing set-ups.
• Experience with Fanuc Controller preferred
• Ability to read and interpret production specifications, production diagrams, assembly drawings, and technical specifications (English)
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints
• Expert in GD & T
• Experience in following written set-up instructions and /or performing unique set-ups
• Demonstrated ability to resolve unforeseen, unique issues as they arise in machining a part(s)
• Experience in complex measurements and advanced shop math calculations relative to tolerances, dimensions, tooling, and feeds and speeds
• Ability to understand and work with knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and disciplines
Salary Range: $39,600.00 - $66,000.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 ( https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ ), we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Northrop Grumman Jobs