Savencia Cheese USA Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift $28/hour in City of Industry, California
This position insures the flow of product through the plant, assuring that equipment is functioning properly. Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production, packaging, material handling and mechanical equipment, also trouble shoot and repairs all Electrical & Pneumatic controls as required. Fabricate older machines to updated versions. Work well in a TEAM environment. Ensure all work orders are done in a timely manner. Assist in all ongoing projects as needed. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Maintain and repair production, packaging and material handling equipment;
· Respond to production trouble calls. Repair equipment quickly and safely, test and return to production service;
· Wires and trouble shoots new and existing wiring around plant;
· Monitor refrigeration and boiler equipment;
· Maintain Inventory and Inventory control at all times;
· Monitor & repair air handling and air compressing machinery;
· Complete all work orders in a timely manner;
· Program all VFD and Servo drives as needed;
· Documents existing programs and updates all prints as repairs and changes take place;
· Perform Preventive Maintenance on a weekly scheduled basis;
· Install or move machines or equipment;
· Wire and plumb new and existing fixtures;
· Repair floors, walls and doors;
· Clean and organize maintenance shop area and stock parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a manufacturing environment with the following conditions:
Exposure to hot or cold climate frequently;
Exposure to noise and vibration frequently;
Exposure to chemical occasionally;
Exposure to wet and humid conditions frequently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties on the job, the physical demands are:
Stand – continuously;
Crawl – occasionally;
Climb Stairs or ladders – frequently;
Reach – chest level, above or below – frequently;
Push - 75 lbs. occasionally;
Pull – 75 lbs. occasionally;
Lift/carry- 50 lbs. occasionally.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary depending on the shift and department. Overtime and weekend work is required at times. Vacation coverage as needed. Rotating on call duties.
Required Education and Experience
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation;
Requires the ability to use basic shop mathematics; handbook formulas; to interpret simple blueprints or drawings, use a wide variety of tools or precision measuring instruments; may setup, re-tool, operate a somewhat complex machine;
Electrical and pneumatic trouble shoots and repairs;
Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems;
Preventative and predictive Maintenance;
Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Preferred Education and Experience
Five years of Industrial and or Dairy Maintenance performance;
High school diploma or equivalent.
1st Day Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Short Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Perfect Attendance Program