WTW Healthcare Financial/Actuarial Lead Associate in Cincinnati, Ohio
Is an active member on multiple employer client teams providing financial analyses, outputs and client deliverables across a region
Provides direction on benefit plan analysis, design, cost avoidance, risk and funding strategies
Contributes to vendor financial reviews for clients
Reviews technical & consulting accuracy on client projects, including developing pricing and employee contributions strategies, modelling plan design alternatives and calculating reserves
Delivers accurate and reliable claim reporting and financial modeling to client teams to support client decisions
Partners with Global Delivery Centers and Client Service teams to deliver superior project management
Communicates complex financial/actuarial/analytic results to effectively drive client action
Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
• 4+ years’ experience in professional services, ideally gained in a benefit consulting/brokerage firm or health underwriting / actuarial function of an insurance company
• Knowledge of health and welfare products & services
• Ability to learn big data analytic techniques preferred
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of underwriting and funding concepts
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables on time and within budget
• Strong client service orientation and ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
• Proven ability to identify and resolve issues with limited information and experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
• Ability to direct work of more junior colleagues and provide feedback
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
• State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
• Relevant financial experience and/or university degree
• Progress towards completion of health actuarial designation or CEBS designation (optional)
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (Producer roles only).
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is 70,000 to 100,000 USD.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state/local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave), Paid Time Off (https://cdn-static.findly.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1862/2023/01/31091722/Washington-State-Time-Off.pdf) ( Washington State only )
Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k).
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and so we encourage requests for all types of flexible working as well as location-based arrangements. Please speak to your recruiter to discuss more.
- WTW Jobs