VF Corporation Vans Assistant Manager (State Street, Chicago, IL) in Chicago, Illinois
Assistant Store Manager
As the Assistant Store Manager, you provide leadership and direction to the store team while successfully executing the company’s vision and values under the direction of the Store Manager. You assist in maximizing store profitability by achieving store sales goals. You ensure that store standards and processes for merchandising, operations, staffing and community engagement are well executed. As needed, you will assume responsibility for the store in the Store Manager’s absence. You create an inclusive environment, always putting our internal and external customers first. If you are looking for a company dedicated to your personal development, continuing your growth into a leader of tomorrow, then Vans is for you.
Join the Vans Family
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by our five values: We are Determined. We are Connected to our consumers and to each other. We are Inclusive. We are Expressive and Fun. Most of all, we are a family.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through our inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate and environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
• Maximize store sales, achieve store sales goals and monitor sales progress & results against key targets.
• Inspire and model a consumer centric mindset by exemplifying selling behaviors through genuine interactions with customers for the teams to emulate.
• Support the Store Manager with networking, attracting, recruiting, and interviewing high caliber talent.
• Provide direct coaching, feedback, training and supervision of the associates, ensuring that all company policies and procedures are followed and in compliance.
• Demonstrate clear communication, training, and coaching to assist in setting expectations on customer engagement, store policies and procedures as well as fostering a strong team.
• Assist in managing expenses to maximize sales and profitability.
• Cultivate an environment of productivity by ensuring the store team has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement.
Skills for Success
What you bring:
• 3+ years of related professional/retail management experience
• Ability to meet business goals by driving results through store teams
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Ability to coach and motivate a team to excel at sales and profit results
• Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
• Solution oriented
• Ability to be flexible in a fast paced-environment
• A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
VF Diversity Vision Statement VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- VF Corporation Jobs