Walgreens Sr Front-End Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
As part of a small, highly skilled agile team, the Sr. Front-end Engineer takes the lead and participates in activities for analyzing complex requirements, maintaining engineering best practices, defect remediation, and the creation of high quality code. This is a Sr role which performs advanced engineering functions, but also provides architectural solutions, collaborates with UX/Product for creative technical solutions, gives guidance to other team members, can rapidly prototype, assesses technology gaps, and analyzes new technologies. The primary objectives of this position is the conceptualization, development, and delivery of a modern, cloud native, componentized front end web application and championing code integrity.
• Leverages web standards, engineering best practices, as well as web browser expertise and thorough grasp of js/css/html to ensure that applications load quickly, pull data efficiently, and are highly optimized for modern web while maintaining usability and responsiveness using cutting edge technologies and techniques.
• Helps define and contributes to the iterative improvement of all team process, tech, and philosophies including TDD, CI/CD, tech stack, tools, standards, and culture. Since this is a brand-new product and set of applications, each team member will get to be a part of creating the team, the software, and everything that goes with it, from scratch.
• Performs peer code reviews and provides valuable feedback through explanation and example, as a Sr Engineer, sets the standard.
• Writes high quality code that is performant, reusable, and secure while adhering to industry and team best practices.
• Documents new functionality and approaches. Also adds to documented coding standards and processes.
• Assess and remediates business requirements and defects, providing expertise and sizing.
• Shares information cross-functionally to improve delivery processes. Set accurate expectations to deliver on time, according to scope, and with quality.
• Always looks for ways to simplify, speed up, and componentize new and existing code.
Job ID: 650499BR
Title: Sr Front-End Engineer
Company Indicator: Walgreens Boots Alliance
Job Function: Engineering
Full Store Address: 433 W VAN BUREN STREET,CHICAGO,IL 60607
Full District Office Address: 433 W VAN BUREN STREET,CHICAGO,IL,60607-00433-04579-2
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years software development / coding experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years of software development / coding experience.
Experience delivering production ready software.
Knowledge of Angular, React, or a web component-based framework (Lit, Polymer, native web, etc.).
Knowledge of microservices.
Experience with JSON.
Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
At least 5 years software development / coding experience
Experience building Cloud Native mobile applications in Azure.
Experience using Docker containers.
Experience writing microservices and understanding of microservice best practices.
Experience with React.js, Lit/Polymer, and/or Angular. Preferably some experience will all, professional or otherwise.
Knowledge of web usability, accessibility, WCAG 2.1/ADA standards
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details.
Experience working in a cross-functional, enterprise application delivery team for customer facing software.
Experience implementing or improving CICD pipelines.
- Walgreens Jobs