UL, LLC Senior Global Employer Brand Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
This role is HYBRID, on-site 3 days a week at the Northbrook or Chicago, IL Office.
As part of the Talent Acquisition team, the Senior Global Employer Brand Specialist will devise and execute on the recruitment marketing strategy to grow the overall awareness of UL Solutions to drive awareness and applications from qualified candidates, while reminding existing employees on why they joined and stay.
The Senior Employer Brand Specialist will act as a trusted consultant to the global Talent Acquisition team and business to target candidate pools aligned with specific talent needs and drive the creation of content leveraging the UL Solutions employer brand that authentically showcases our mission of making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place, along with the 16,000 employees who work to support our customers and mission.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition, DEI, Marketing, and the business to develop strategy and support for talent attraction solutions to increase the number of applications from qualified candidates. This includes employment branding, social media, external recruitment events, hosting events, the employee referral program, intern, and campus programs.
• Utilize Enterprise and employer brand strategy to ensure initiatives align. Partner with colleagues to support execution within local markets to meet business needs, while laddering up to global guidelines.
• Work with global employment brand peers in other regions to leverage best practices at work, while maintaining communication to ensure work adheres to global strategy.
• Provide external market insights and best practices to create individual campaigns, both internally for employees and externally for candidates.
• Research specific, high-priority external talent pools to understand demographics and demand drivers and use and pilot initiatives to tap into those communities utilizing social media and other innovative recruiting technologies and tools.
• Identify the things that are unique and differentiate UL from other companies. Develop marketable content that highlights these qualities through storytelling.
• Enable recruiters with content and easy instruction on how to best utilize and promote the brand.
• Build employee advocacy turning our employees into talent acquisition ambassadors
• Work with the broader HR team to evolve the EVP beyond just recruiting, threading it throughout the full employee life cycle.
• 5+ years of experience in employer branding, recruitment marketing, talent acquisition, social media or another combination of recruiting and marketing
• Hands-on with content and campaign development with strong results-orientation
• Ability to provide value-add consultation with leaders, hiring managers and peers to educate and influence
• Focus on execution, ability to manage and prioritize various initiatives, while maintaining quality of work.
• Methodical thinker – able to ensure employer brand campaigns and activities tie to Enterprise and Talent Acquisition strategy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to write compelling copy and narratives for a diverse set of audiences
• Understanding of strategic marketing analytics - what to measure, what it means, along with impact.
• History of successfully balancing long-term projects with short-term tactical needs
• Proven history of building effective and engaging marketing content
• Understanding of how to track and evaluate metrics associated with recruiting and marketing campaigns to determine ROI
• Experience working with and supporting markets outside the US, highly preferred
What you’ll experience working at UL:
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 129 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security, and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers’ product innovation and business growth.
The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers’ products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission.
We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains, and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future.
From the adoption of electrification to the enablement of 5G and new mobility, we collectively look toward new frontiers, working for a safer world. Our science is your advantage.
Mission: Working for a safer world
UL LLC has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. To assure full implementation of this equal employment policy, we will take steps to assure that:
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, color, age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, religion, creed, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, marital or familial status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- UL, LLC Jobs