Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Research Intern - Center for Bionic Medicine - JR-1060513-5904 in Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11663402 By joining our team, you\'ll be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You\'ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You\'ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You\'ll play a role in something that\'s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as we Advance Human Ability, together.
Job Description Summary
As part of his/her academic experience, the Research Intern will assist with various activities to support one or more research projects. Responsibilities may include recruiting and interviewing patients, performing data collection and data processing, administrative duties, fabricating and testing prototypes and associated electronics and literature searches.
The Research Intern will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the SRALab.
The Research Intern will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
When applying, please submit:
1. Current CV/Resume
2. Brief Statement of Research
3. Unofficial Transcripts
The Research Intern will support research projects by assisting with one or more of the following activities:
- Patient recruitment and data collection; retrieving medical record information.
- Transcribing, coding, cleaning and entering data.
- Maintaining an inventory of data collection forms to ensure ease of data retrieval.
- Construction of data tables, figures and preparation of materials for presentations.
- Conducting literature searches, copying and distributing articles as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Research Scientist, Principal Investigator or Project Manager, but may be additionally mentored by a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow, depending on department structure.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Communication and mathematics skills normally acquired through college-level coursework.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Ability to accurately review and enter project data.
- Analytical ability required to prepare reports, maintains data inventory, and perform literature searches.
- Ability to strictly adhere to an approved written protocol.
- Interpersonal skills needed to interact effectively with patients, physicians and all SRALab staff as well as to effectively work with supervisors from various research projects.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
Addendum 1- Center for Bionic Medicine
- Developing and refining programs in Python and/or MATLAB.
- Generating drawings for prototypes, modeling of parts and assemblies in CAD, assisting with 3D printing.
- Fabricating and testing wiring harnesses and associated electronics.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. T ey are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ShirleyRyan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.