Thornton Tomasetti Project Engineer - Restoration & Renewal - R3667-2534 in Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11239972 Thornton Tomasetti applies engineering and scientific principles to solve the world\'s challenges. An independent organization of creative thinkers and innovative doers collaborating from offices worldwide, our mission is to bring our clients\' ideas to life and, in the process, lay the groundwork for a better, more resilient future. We provide support and opportunities to our employees to achieve their full potential and cultivate a rewarding career.
Our Renewal practice provides owners and managers with a home for solutions to a wide range of structural, envelope, and building systems needs for existing properties of every use, age, and construction type. Our multidisciplinary design and assessment services cover a wide range of needs. We perform condition assessments, investigations, feasibility studies, and peer reviews. We design repairs, renovations, and alterations and oversee their execution in the field.
We have an immediate opportunity for Structural Project Engineer for our Renewal Practice. We are looking for a candidate with experience in structural design, structural repair, renovation, retrofit design, demolition, and/or property loss consulting.
- Completing structural analysis and repair rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, timber, masonry, and other structural systems.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other consultants including Architects and other Engineering disciplines, Cost Consultants, and Contractors.
- Projects will be in structural repair, renovation, demolition, and expansion of current structural buildings.
- Bachelor\'s degree in engineering. Master\'s degree preferred.
- Experience with existing buildings for renovation and extensions.
- Professional Engineer and/or SE License preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
Depending on your employment status, benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability and other voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Childcare
- Paid Time Off, Family Leave for New Parents, Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Transit (where available)
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching on employee contributions and/or qualified student loan repayments
- Fitness Reimbursement
- And other various wellness, diversity/inclusion and employee resource programs and initiatives
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.