Kemper Insurance Network and Security Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Chicago IL, Jacksonville FL
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is seeking a Network and Security Engineer. Be responsible for supporting the planning, design, development and deployment enterprise network and security infrastructure solutions. Support the planning, architecture, and delivery of the enterprise-level security and network program including but not limited to the areas of SaaS / PaaS cloud deployments, data-center technologies, end-user and end-point protections. Generate and deploy solutions and policies in support of enterprise security and network technologies for the company and consumers. Design and implement security and network solutions that ensure appropriate controls and tools are selected and then operationalized. Work with application owners to integrate application security and application roles with security solutions. Work with management teams to develop, monitor and drive multi-year security and network infrastructure strategies.
• Designs, architects and deploys complex, secure and highly available heterogeneous LAN/WAN/Cloud security, data and communications solutions.
• Supports the creation of organizational wide standards for security and network infrastructure products.
• Develop and drive standardization of routers, switches, firewalls, remote VPN connectivity, VoIP/IP telephony technologies, wireless technologies.
• Oversees the entire life cycle of technology solutions acquired including budgetary expense planning and procurement lifecycles.
• Develops standards and oversees deployment of centralized network-based threat management systems including Intrusion Detection Systems, Application Firewalls and Web Application Firewalls.
• Serves as an escalation point for emergencies as needed.
5+ years of experience in IT Security and/or Networking
Security certifications a plus
Network certifications a plus
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
-ZR -GD -IN -PT
- Kemper Insurance Jobs