Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc. Frontend Developer in Charlottesville, Virginia
Are you a Frontend Developer who loves to create beautiful software design in an engaging environment? We are looking for exceptional web developers with strong software engineering chops and solid UI/UX design skills to join our front-end development team.
You will design and develop innovative user interfaces and information visualizations for a growing web application to help our end users make sense of their challenging problems. This position is unique among front-end development positions in that you will be responsible for building and maintaining a front-end codebase that is used across many products at the company. This requires a keen focus on creating powerful user-interfaces that enable all of the data analysis tools necessary to slice and dice a problem while remaining clear and intuitive to use. Similarly it requires strong code design skills that allow multiple projects to easily take advantage of common APIs and UI components.
You will work with our superlative team that includes Systems Engineers, Mathematicians, Computer Scientists, UI/UX Designers, and Developers. Solving fun and challenging problems is in our DNA - at GA-CCRi, we only take on interesting projects.
· Have experience developing and iterating on mockups, translating these to style and code
· Have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
· Have a strong visual design sense and appreciation for developing a stellar user experience
· Enjoy researching and testing the latest and greatest technologies
· Have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
· Have a desire to learn
· Enjoy working in an exciting, dynamic environment with a great team of intelligent co-workers
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field with at least 8 additional years of related professional experience
· US citizenship required
Bonus points if you also:
· Have experience writing in TypeScript
· Have experience with CSS pre-processors (Stylus, LESS, SASS, etc)
· Use data visualization tools/toolkits such as d3 or similar libraries
· Have experience developing map based applications using OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google Maps, etc.
· Are familiar with all aspects of software development, including client/server programming
· Have the ability to drive and review APIs for back-end functionality
· Are interested in data mining, analytics, and/or machine learning
We’re looking for candidates with solid technical foundations and a desire to continue learning. Preference given to candidates with an active security clearance.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and status as a US citizen, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Failure to do so can and will result in dismissal.
Intellectually Challenging Work and Learning Opportunities
Short Term Disability Insurance
Generous Retirement Benefit
Flexible Vacation Policy·
Want to know more about GA-CCRi? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjIqoDmAg4I
The job description above is not intended to be comprehensive list. Responsibilities, activities, duties, and/or tasks may change or be assigned at any time.
GA-CCRi is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce because we know that our differences benefit our employees, our customers, and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.