Microsoft Corporation Support Escalation Engineer - Azure Rapid Response - Networking in Charlotte, North Carolina
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
• Help solve technically complex, strategic/high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
• 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role
• 3+ years of technical experience in three or more of the following:
o Strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocols
o Experience with Infrastructure / Network Administration
o Troubleshooting at the expert level within large Network Environments
o Notions of Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud
o Notions of Windows and/or Linux OS
o Notions of Virtualization of SDN technologies
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
BS in computer science or engineering preferred
Solid foundation and background in Microsoft products and technologies
Knowledge and understanding of VPN, IPsec, DHCP, DNS, HTTP/s
Familiar with packet sniffers: Wireshark or Network Monitor/Message Analyzer
5+ years of technical experience in three or more of the following: TCP/IP protocols, Experience with Infrastructure / Network Administration, Troubleshooting at the expert level within large Network Environments, Notions of Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud, Notions of Windows and/or Linux OS, Notions of Virtualization of SDN technologies
• Technical Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
• Strong communications skills – excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
• Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager.
• Ability to understand the customers best interests in terms of problem impact
• Passion for technology, problem solving, and customer supportability
• Ability to discovery, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem
• Ability and motivation to learn behaviors of unfamiliar components/technologies as needed
• Ability to drive discussions remotely with authority
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to have effective communication with various stakeholders within and outside of Microsoft
• Demonstrate coaching skill
• Logical and Critical thinking
• Should have passion for technology and customer support
• Ability to develop and nurture relationships over long distances and remote technologies like Teams
• Logical and critical thinking
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs