Charles River Laboratories Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Req ID #: 133575
Charleston, SC, US, 29407 US Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 Newark, DE, US, 19711
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experiencedSr. Talent Acquisition Specialist, with experience recruiting in the Life Sciences, to support our Avian & Microbial businesses.
As a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will manage talent acquisition activities for these businesses with a focus on filling positions in a timely, cost effective way, while ensuring a high level of client support for all open positions. This role provides relationship management and strategic talent acquisition advice to managers and leaders, as well as HR business partners. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to participate in strategic, high-impact projects and initiatives related to the global talent acquisition function.
Duties and Responsibilities
Additional key responsibilities include:
• Effectively partner with hiring managers to better understand business needs and assess position goals and requirements.
• Use various cost-effective sourcing strategies, such as internet job boards, networking, resume mining, social networking, cold calling, college/university recruiting and job fairs to attract a diverse pipeline of candidates.
• Pre-screen all applicable candidates, recommending candidates to hiring manager based on detailed requirements of position and job competencies; provide manager with reasoning for advancing candidate.
• Establish credibility and remain engaged with hiring managers and senior management to stay abreast of hiring process.
• Ensure recruitment activity is updated in an accurate, compliant and timely manner within the applicant tracking system.
• Track and provide reporting as needed.
• Participate in workforce planning initiatives.
• Proactively work with hiring managers and human resources business partners regarding future organizational structure.
• Systematic and proactive approach with hiring managers across all business lines regarding recruitment cost controls.
• Proactive partnership with HR business partners when an employee or hiring manager issue is identified.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist position.
• High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.); Bachelor’s preferred (B.S) preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years related experience in recruiting, with at least 3 years focusing on Life Sciences recruitment in a corporate environment.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Ability to partner with human resources business partner for present/future staffing needs
• Skilled at planning and prioritizing work activities; able to easily adapt as goals, priorities, and role responsibilities may change.
• Ability to source prospective candidates and build pipelines for specialized areas of the business. Proficiency in using IT staffing tools (i.e. ATS, internet job boards, networking and social media).
• Demonstrated experience working with all levels of executives and management.
• Must have strong interviewing and closing skills, with professional training in behavioral-based interviewing techniques.
• Ability to work in independently and prioritize heavy workload in fast paced environment.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
• SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is a plus.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs