Honeywell Sr. Procurement Project Management Specialist in Charlotte, North Carolina
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing data models that provide a holistic view on strategic projects and KPIs to our procurement leadership. The role will serve as a subject matter expert for designing/developing data architecture, data acquisition strategy and building digital solution for self-service model for data analytics.
· Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
· Provides more complex design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Assists in developing strategy, design and data gathering approaches.
· Design, develop and deploy complex big data ingestion jobs in ETL tools bringing prototypes to production on Hadoop Ecosystem.
· Design data acquisition strategy for various source systems & data blending/transformation methodology
· Building advanced analytics solutions with data from enterprise systems like ERPs, EDW, Compass, Marketing tools, etc.
· Participate in technical architecture discussions and provide support to make decisions
· Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering in order to improve our efficiency as a team
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Master’s / Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL).
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling (normalized and denormalized), ETL development, and data warehousing.
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Apache Spark, EMR, Presto, etc.)
· Proficiency in one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, NodeJS, Java, .NET, or Scala.
· Proficiency in one modern workflow solution tools such as PowerApps, SharePoint & .NET
· Experience with cloud services platform (AWS) with a whole ecosystem of data storage tools
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Exposure to BI tools
· Exposure to procurement and supply chain initiatives
· Strong problem solving & analytical skills
· Negotiation and influencing skills
· Excellent communication skills in both written and oral
· Result-driven, positive “can-do” attitude
· Process improvement and change management experience
· Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs