Microsoft Corporation Program Manager II in Charlotte, North Carolina
Microsoft’s Cloud and AI department has a unique opportunity at the intersection of cloud computing and artificial intelligence. Fueled by Microsoft's cloud-first vision, we are disrupting the cloud industry with innovation and large-scale AI implementation. Interested in a start-up environment, passionate about cloud computing, AI/Machine Learning, and advanced data analytics that is driving growth across Microsoft's core cloud businesses? Then the Microsoft Cloud Data Science (MCDS) team is for you!
We are hiring a Program Manager to work with our highly motivated and talented data scientists and software engineers in delivering ML and AI-based products that empowering Microsoft’s customer and partner ecosystem to be successful. This is a unique opportunity to use your program management skills and experience in building core technologies that will directly affect the future of Microsoft in the cloud. You will collaborate with team members and partners to assure that MCDS’s product and service portfolios are aligned with overall Cloud + AI strategic objectives. You will get an incredible opportunity to work with Machine Learning and Data products that MCDS develops and deploys to enhance the effectiveness of Microsoft’s key Cloud Service offerings including Azure, Microsoft 365, Power Platform, and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
What You Will Be Doing as a Program Manager:
Data Science as a Platform (DSaaS) and Machine Learning (ML) Operations
· Enabling the DSaaS and MCDS ML teams to deploy and support ML model in production.
· Providing the governance and process to drive the quality of the deployments and ML execution.
· Provide tools to improve the efficiencies on the ML operations include ML Info tracking, data contract, model run status, and dependency mapping.
· Partnering with other Data Program Managers.
· Monitoring overall status of large-scale data onboarding.
Service, Data, and Financial Compliance
· Overall MCDS Program Manager for compliance.
· Manage the business priorities and drive an all-green SCI Scorecard working.
· Responsible for defining and driving security access strategies across MCDS.
· Communicating effectively and build relationship with our partner teams.
· Collaborating closely with Analytics, Engineering, and Experimentation teams by demonstrating cross-functional resource interaction to deliver ML models.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
· 5+ years of experience of supporting the delivery of large-scale enterprise software.
· 2+ years of hands-on data analytics experience using SQL and Power BI.
· 2+ years of experience working in enterprise cloud/SaaS software environment.
· 2+ years in working with a Data Science organization.
· 2+ years of compliance-related experience, ideally in a Microsoft environment.
· Diverse and inter-disciplinary experience including software deployment, data analytics, and program management.
· Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
· Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to communicate ideas effectively.
· Strong skills in collaboration and teamwork.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Solid software development skills, including R, Python, Scala.
Azure Data Explore, PowerApps, Spark, Machine Learning models.
· Knowledge and experience working within cloud computing environments such as Azure or AWS.
· Certifications in Scrum, Product Management, Project Management, and Scaled Agile.
· Certifications in big data, SQL, NoSQL, and MLOps.
· Note: most of the team and key stakeholders work on USA west-coast and India time
· Locations: Charlotte, NC | Houston, TX | Atlanta, GA | Other, USA | Remote
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs