Charles River Laboratories Director Business Optimization - Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt (REMOTE) in Charlotte, North Carolina
Director Business Optimization - Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt (REMOTE)
Req ID #: 132775
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Chicago, IL, US, 60654 Reno, NV, US, 89511 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Wayne, PA, US, 19087 Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 US Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 Boston, MA, US, 02116 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 San Diego, CA, US, 92121
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Collaborate with Business and/or Site Leaders to identify, develop and enact a portfolio of process improvement projects, aligned with business objectives and priorities with corresponding plans to resource and execute the projects. Manage programs identifying opportunities and facilitating completion of initiatives that encompass all businesses and regions. Manage, mentor, monitor, or support selected business improvement projects that support operational excellence, growth, and other key strategic initiatives. Lead teams in the transformation of their organization(s) by leveraging Lean/Six-Sigma and Dynamic Work Design methodologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and manage multiple global teams (site and cross-functional) concurrently in the transformation of their organization(s) supporting Site and Business Leadership to improve process performance relating to quality improvement, cost reductions, revenue retention/growth or business risk reduction.
• Focus on business performance that eliminates waste, improve customer experience, increase quality and optimize financial results via the use of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies, Project Management, and Dynamic Work Design, where appropriate.
• Perform process analysis; conduct complex problem solving and data analysis on a wide variety of projects.
• Manage and run deep dives at Sites, with the support of Super Users and Belts. Develop and oversee the development of A3s and visual boards across Charles River, including working with Super Users and Site Leadership. Lead selected projects
• Maintain projects on-time, managing expectations and risk, and monitoring post-implementation benefits.
• Provide input and feedback to key leadership positions about process improvement opportunities specific to all parts of the organization.
• Act as a key change agent within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by facilitating communication of changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow within a culture of continuous process improvement.
• Provide functional leadership and mentor key personnel with awareness, knowledge and guidance, to develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement. May plan, coordinate, lead and teach sessions on Lean Six Sigma and Dynamic Work Design tools and principles, where appropriate.
• Lead business meetings to effectively communicate with senior management across businesses
• Coach and mentor associates to drive projects to completion, when required.
• Assist the organization in developing Lean Six Sigma and Dynamic Work Design competencies.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in a related discipline.
• Experience: 5-8 years of successful process improvement project experience applying lean six sigma methodology, Dynamic Work Design, and/or project management experience. One year experience with Charles River is preferred.
• Certification/Licensure: Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt in DMAIC, Lean or Design for Six Sigma methodologies and/or Project Management Certification, preferred.
Sound working knowledge and experience using and applying process improvement best practices and techniques in a structured project environment.
Ability to innovate and to effectively lead and communicate at all levels
Computer literate and proficient with basic Windows applications. Comfortable with mathematical and financial concepts.
Demonstrated project management skills and ability to deliver results.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs