Charles River Laboratories Client Manager, Global Accounts in Charlotte, North Carolina
Client Manager, Global Accounts
Req ID #: 110821
Morrisville, NC, US, 27560 Washington, DC, US, 20016-8061 Leiden, NL, 2333 CR Boston, MA, US, 02116 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Detroit, MI, US, 48201 Dublin, IE, D09 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 S-Hertogenbosch, NL, 5231 DD Malvern, PA, US, 19355 Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 Warsaw, PL, 00-124 Chicago, IL, US, 60654 MILANO, Milan, IT, 20122 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Newark, DE, US, 19711 Paris, FR
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking aClient Manager, Global Accountsfor our Global Discovery Services team.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for someone with extensive experience dealing with the complexities of Global Accounts to assist and lead CRL to new growth with this subset of clients. Candidate will take ownership of client relationship and act as single point of contact for assigned global accounts, providing centralized, multi-site coordination for response to sponsor requests across Business Units. Work with BD, Global Account Managers, ALMs, Site Operations, Client Services at CRL sites across BUs, marketing, scientific, and financial staff to ensure quality customer service is provided. Participate in strategic business planning and assist in aligning other sites to Global account needs. Ensure Global Accounts have a seamless and consistent experience when working with any CRL site.
The following are the responsibilities related to theClient Manager, Global Accountsposition:
· Partner with Sr. Bus Dev Director, Global Accounts and GAMs to plan annual strategies and tactics for global accounts.
· Serve as single point of contact for Disc Global Account and coordinate generation of multi-site proposals across CRL Business Units and sites to ensure alignment and consistency in interactions with Global Accounts
· Thoroughly understand and own MSA terms, client preferences, and ensure alignment of multiple sites to these expectations.
· Ensure that scientific staff and CS staff are fully informed and briefed about clients’ needs upon client interactions.
· Make recommendations on desirable proposals based on established financial and operational criteria including securing timely ballpark estimates.
· Drive and hold accountable various CRL sites (Disc at SA Sites, RMS, Cell Supply, SA) to timely and accurate proposal delivery for client needs.
· Assist IDD proposal development team in driving multi-site IDD proposals with global accounts to strategically address client needs.
· Ensure momentum and follow up on outstanding proposals is kept and actively work toward closing business for the Disc portfolio.
· Creatively identify ways to secure open proposals by working with BD, ALM, scientific staff, finance, management and others.
· Assist, coordinate, and drive Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
· Work with client procurement team in handling invoicing issues across CRL business
· Assist in preparing forecast plans for assigned clients.
· Work with marketing to develop and propose new product/channel ideas/marketing concepts aligned with client needs.
· Identify new business opportunities with sponsors and liaise with appropriate staff for follow-up.
· Stay abreast of latest scientific trends including CAR-T, Cell & Gene Therapy, etc across all Disc TAs.
· Co-travel as needed to key Global Accounts and conferences.
· Assist with updating and maintaining applicable databases.
· Identify possible efficiencies for work stream of Client Services group, including coordination with other internal groups.
· Assist in the tracking and development of Key Performance Indicators.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum qualifications related to theClient Manager, Global Accountsposition:
·Education:Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in science, business, or marketing or related discipline. Masters or PhD preferred.
·Experience:Five or more years related experience in business management, marketing, project management, or communications within a technical environment (e.g., biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device company, hospital, or laboratory). Experience working with Global/Key Accounts preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
·Other:Capable of working with a minimum of supervision, able to handle multiple tasks, and effectively prioritize based on departmental goals. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Organizational skills and attention to detail required. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines. Understanding of business/sales process required.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
For more information, please visitwww.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs