UNC Health Care Executive Coordinator - Office of CEO & Dean - External Affairs in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Executive Coordinator will work closely with the Chief External Affairs Officer, Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, and System Director for Board Relations. This will be a key position in supporting business activities, department operations and relationships with external stakeholders. The executive coordinator will provide support on a wide range of projects within the external affairs, marketing and communications field.
Examples of primary responsibilities for external affairs, communications and marketing include:
• researching for specific projects and preparing executive summaries and analyses;
• tracking emerging issues; • developing materials;
• drafting letters, emails, reports and other documents based on outline or direction from supervisors;
• proofing and editing internal and external documents;
• preparing presentations • participate in meetings, ensuring appropriate follow-up and execution of next steps
• planning events or working on events as part of a team
The ideal candidate will have a flair for creativity and strategic thinking with an innovative mindset. We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients and our communities across North Carolina. The person in this role should be detail-oriented, strong writer and editor, with strong customer service skills. The successful candidate will ensure smooth operations and support business activities for the leadership of external affairs.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If High School or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word preferred.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
Equal Employment Opportunity UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process. Learn further E-Verify details in English or Spanish.
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right to Work Statement in English or Spanish.
UNC Health Care
- UNC Health Care Jobs