L3Harris Lead, Software Developer in Chantilly, Virginia
Job Title: Lead Software Developer, Senior
Job Code: SAS20210806-62473
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris is looking for a lead software engineer responsible for the development of a components of a system that tracks and simulates ground and space operations in a distributed system. The selected candidate will be leading a project to enhance and customize the existing L3Harris’s Mission Planning Tool (MPT) with new space and ground models, operations, communication interfaces, and reporting capabilities. The software engineer will build modules that ingest and process telemetry and tracking and control, design and implement space vehicle and payload models that will operate for the full lifecycle of the vehicle and develop the user interface to this system.
· The successful candidate will play a lead role, implement, unit test, and troubleshoot space flight and ground station components
· The team will implement component plugins to existing ground, space tracking and simulation software system
· Develop mission planning software to perform constraint analysis to generate optimal tactical C2 to multiple distributed ground site.
· Develop course of action application to aid in successful mission execution of a distributed ground station network.
· Integrate mission planning with Government reference C2 architecture
· Ensure agile development processes and practices
· Attend customer briefings and other internal presentations
· ACTIVE TS/SCI/SAP or ability to obtain SAP
· Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related and minimum 9 years of prior developer experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior developer experience.
· 7+ Years' experience in C#, .Net
· 7+ Years' Experience with Unit testing and tools
· 7+ Years' Experience with Visual Studio
· Full lifecycle development and deployment experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills
Experience with Java programming
· Space applications or domain knowledge
· Experience in project management
· Experience in micro service architecture and development
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- L3Harris Jobs