Aston Carter Fraud & Claims Ops Spec 3 - $16.79/hr in Chandler, Arizona
Location: In office (Chandler, AZ)
Job Title: Fraud & Claims Specialist 3
The Fraud & Claims Operations Specialist 3 balances exceptional investigative research while working with internal and external customers who suspect they have fraudulent, mis-posted, merchant disputes or other unusual activity on their accounts.
• Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses.
• Monitors and reviews complex account activity requiring research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products to reach resolution using multiple systems and applications.
• Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models.
• May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
• Document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse.
• May maintain files, records, databases and prepare standard/routine management reports.
• Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports.
• Reviews more complex/unique situations with upper level department staff.
• Mitigate risk by effectively authenticating the identity of customers to prevent further fraudulent activity.
• May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assigning loss accountability.
• Will utilize strong communication (verbal and written) skills to establish rapport with customer to de-escalate difficult and sensitive information as a part of resolving a claim.
• Closing and/or reissuing cards or accounts, researching or placing holds and restraints, reversing fees, and/or referring accounts for suspected elder abuse, identity theft, or account misuse.
• May also involve contacting third parties for research.
• Investigation, analytical, and/ or research skills
• Financial Services experience is a huge plus (specifically in Reg E)
• Experience in Insurance claims is also a plus
• Customer service experience is a must, but this is a call center position
• Someone that can look at a situation and make a decision
• Someone with a history in reviewing and/ or making decisions on claims is ideal (within any industry)
• 6 + months of experience is required for this position. Someone with a Justice or related degree may also qualify.
claims processing, Claims, customer service, research, investigate, analytical skill, insurance claim, banking, fraud, financial crimes, Reg E, financial services
Top Skills Details:
claims processing, Claims, customer service
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aston Carter Jobs