St Josephs Indian School Food Service Assistant in Chamberlain, South Dakota
Summary of Position
The Food Services Assistant is responsible for assisting with Food Service activity. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Food Service Coordinator
- Set up and serves daily school lunches and meals for special events.
``` 1. Assists with the grocery outlet for Group Home living as required.
``` 1. Washes, sanitizes and maintains utensils, pots, pans, dishes, silverware and serving trays.
``` 1. Cleans shelves, carts, ovens and walk-ins, and cafeteria equipment as directed by the Cafeteria Manager.
``` 1. Maintains a high degree of sanitation standards and follows all safe handling and food service requirements.
``` 1. Clears and cleans dining room following completion of daily meals.
``` 1. Maintains and sanitizes dishwasher and dish room.
``` 1. Notifies the Cafeteria Manager of maintenance and any issues affecting the cafeteria functions.
``` 1. Assists the Cafeteria Manager with plans and preparations for special events as needed.
``` 1. Performs other responsibilities as required by the Food Services Coordinator.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Food Service helpful
- Computer skills helpful
- Obtain SERV SAFE certification as required by the Cafeteria Manager
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally exerts up to 50 lbs. of force.
- Regularly bends, stoops, crouches, and climbs stairs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.