Pearson Software Quality Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Software Quality Engineer - ( 2108041 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● Performing end to end testing across systems to support the integrated applications
● Analyse and perform static testing of requirements and specifications
● Hands on writing and execution of manual and automated tests, recording detailed results and defects
● Actively participate in Backlog Grooming sessions and assist in the creation of Acceptance Criteria
● Look for opportunities to implement test automation according to company standards
● Assist in planning testing activities and document with test plans and test management tools like HP ALM.
Skills & Abilities
● Experience working in an Agile / Kanban environment
● Working knowledge of Selenium Webdriver.
● Strong experience of working with / implementing Risk Based Testing methodologies in order to pragmatically work against tight timelines but able to reduce the level of risk in the overall delivery
● Strong communicator within the project team - effective presentation skills of critical issues, testing procedures and testing coverage
● Hands on experience with automated testing and automated API testing tools
● Excellent knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM.
Tracks test progress and results in test and defect management tools like ALM, Jira.
● Excellent attention to detail and demonstrable problem-solving skills
● Experience using tools like IDE, Postman, Bitbucket/GitHub, Git, Jenkins.
● Experience with programming languages like Java. Experience working with TestNG, JUnit, Maven.
● Experience in Accessibility testing.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Degree in Computer Science/IT
5 years industry experience as a Quality Engineer
Hands on programming experience in Java or similar OOP language. - Highly recommended
Knowledge on Selenium Web Driver
Knowledge on HTML/CSS Java script is a plus
Prior experience in Accessibility testing, User experience designing will be a desired skill.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $85,000.00-$90,000.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location : US-CO-Centennial
Work Locations :
US-CO-Centennial-2154 East Commons
2154 East Commons Avenue
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jun 7, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2108041
- Pearson Jobs