SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator in CEDAR CITY, Utah
Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator
Cedar City, UT, USA
44000-47000 per year
The Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator\'s (CE) job is to serve as the lead contact for the CE Program. The coordinator will ensure that students are able to enroll in courses that lead to university credit, which includes, but is not limited to: setting up the semester, ensuring parents/students/schools/districts are informed of the process, grades are entered and shared with those in need, and then closing the semester. This position will primarily handle LEA documentation and maintaining updated files. This position also fulfills similar duties for the Early College Online (ECO) program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Director of Concurrent Enrollment:
• Build and maintain strong, effective relationships with partners at SUU, in our service region (Iron, Beaver & Garfield counties), and with other community members.
• Provide fiscal responsibility of the CE program through careful use of public funds. The program is self-supported and must be operated as though entrepreneurial, but with a primary focus on academic quality.
• Participate in professional development to stay current and have an on-going presence in the spaces and places of the partners that will be
serviced by this department.
• Serve on university and off-campus committees as necessary and beneficial
to this position.
• Constantly focus on modernization of processes through the use of technologies.
• Operate with a high level of efficiency, professionalism, and personal
• Coordinate student services such as admissions, registration, advising, and
other services as needed.
• Answer/screen/routes telephone calls and schedule appointments or meetings.
• Administrative oversight of Increasing CE QL Earned Credit grant.
• Ensure confidentiality of all secure information handled by support staff.
• Assist with supplies and program equipment purchases.
• Assist with program related travel arrangements and authorizations.
• Manage reports and office related communications.
• Maintain organized office files and records.
• Assist in the creation of contracts to pay instructors.
• Serve as trouble-shooter in solving routine administrative or procedural problems with other departments as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Proposed Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor\'s Degree Required, Master\'s Degree Preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of recent public administration experience preferred.
• Minimum of 1-year experience with University and K12 settings preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Possess strong organizational skills to perform tasks independently, requiring little supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of individuals and a variety of situations
• Working knowledge of Office computer applications, particularly the most
recent Microsoft Office Suite--Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access.
• Working knowledge of office procedures and willingness to work as a team member.
• Ability to plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Cover Letter
• 3 Personal References
Southern Utah University is committed to maintainin g a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.