Cass County Council On Aging Home Care Aide in Cassopolis, Michigan
Job Title: Home Care Aide
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Community Living Supports/ADRC, or Care Services Team Leader, performs specific duties as assigned for the care of frail, elderly persons.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs routine household maintenance tasks including cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, changing bed linens, ironing and laundry, but excludes cleaning windows.
- Prepares and serves meals as needed.
- Assists in grocery shopping and errands related to health and home needs, with the approval of the Director of Community Living Supports/ADRC.
- Provides assistance or delivery of personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, hair care, toileting, grooming, feeding, skin care, transferring, and ambulation.
- Provides for client\'s safety, privacy and dignity.
- Provides help to family caregivers regarding appropriate techniques for care giving.
- Provides companionship and attempts to engage client in activities as client\'s abilities permit.
- Reports observed client changes to caregiver and/or supervisor, seeking guidance from supervisor whenever in doubt concerning client\'s care.
- Prepares and submits all required reports in a timely manner, recording neatly and accurately all tasks performed in the care of clients.
- Must participates in a minimum of six trainings and/or in-service classes each fiscal year and makes known needs for additional training.
- Follows the agency\'s safety and health procedures to ensure safe working practices on the job and in the client\'s homes.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Certified nurse\'s aide training preferred.
Experience: Three to six months experience in caring for the elderly.
Other: Requires car and current, valid driver\'s license.
Certifications: Must maintain current CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate well with the elderly.
- Maturity; tolerance; patience; compassion.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Sense of respect for clients and the ability to maintain confidentiality of client situations.
- Ability to organize work and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain calmness, patience and good sense of perspective under sometimes very difficult circumstances.
- Possess basic knowledge of the Council\'s services.
- Ability to work short or long shifts during the day, evening, nights or weekends
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Ability to accept responsibility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They also reflect the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the essential job functions. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities of personnel in this position. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along job related selection or promotional criteria.
Physical Requirements* *
Ability to t