MDU Resources Group ASPHALT PAVING FOREMAN in CASPER, Wyoming
ASPHALT PAVING FOREMAN
Company:Knife River - Casper Division
Hiring Manager:Jennifer L Turnbull
Closing Date:06/30/2022at 11:59pm CDT
Knife River – Casper Division is accepting applications for Asphalt Paving Foreman for our construction services operations. This is a full time position located in Casper, Wyoming. The normal work week is Monday – Friday and Saturdays as needed to maintain schedule totaling 50 to 60+ hours per week. This position is a working Foreman/Superintendent position with applicant required to operate equipment, job layout as well as manage daily tasks of the assigned job.
This position will require oversight of all employees on crew and will include orientation, coaching/training, provide direction, and overall personnel management.
Responsible for construction activities related to the project including but not limited to scheduling and assigning resources and monitoring daily progress and costs. This also includes coordinating with suppliers and subcontractors.
Responsible for entire job safety program. This includes compliance and implementation of all company standards and any federal and state regulations as applicable. The foreman is also responsible for subcontractor safety compliance.
Foreman will report directly to Knife River’s assigned Project Superintendent and/or Construction Manager and will communicate timely and effectively on all aspects of the project.
• This position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Heavy/Civil/Highway construction on parking lot and highway paving operations on private and public work and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership/Foremen role.
• Applicant shall be proficient in the operation of all equipment necessary to obtain safe, productive, and quality projects including pavers, screed, automatics, and rollers. Applicant shall also have mechanical skills and experience trouble shooting and repairing paving equipment.
• Applicant shall also be proficient in reading plans and specifications. Basic computer skills are required, and the use of HCSS Heavy Job is preferred.
• Experience with grading/prep operations is beneficial.
• Applicant shall have proven knowledge of the current state and federal construction safety regulations or equivalent.
• Applicant must also possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a qualifying driving record under company policy. Applicant must successfully pass a post offer pre-employment drug test and physical. This is a town-based construction position.
Job requires steady to intermittent physical activity including: standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, walking on uneven ground, lifting, carrying, pushing, etc…
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Knife River Wyoming offers a 401(k) as well as COMPANY PAID medical, dental, vision, life and STD benefits for employees and their dependents. PTO offered after 90 days successful employment.
We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to background check.
You may apply online at jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 730
Casper, WY 82602-0730
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-59.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.